Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If Kennelly and Malceski don't get up, perhaps we'll see Bvan and Smith back in.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    If Kennelly and Malceski don't get up, perhaps we'll see Bvan and Smith back in.
    I would have thought MOD would be a likely replacement for either HBF position, but only if both Kennelly and Eski don't make it.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Crows have too many youngsters and their oldies don't have the same influence as they used to. It's going to be the middle aged players Mcveigh, Malcseki etc that are going to prove the difference for us.

our 22 is better and we should win regardless of our history vs the crows. If we don't win I will be furious.
    There is a good chance you will be furious then! They will be breathing fire in front of there home crowd over there, I just cant see us winning at all, even with our performance and theirs over the weekend. Id be glad to get within 3 goals then hopefully smash richmond in rd 3 to get on the board.

We certainly won't need all of Richards, LRT and Grundy against the midget Crows forward line (except Tippett of course).
    Last edited by hammo; 29th March 2010 at 12:06 PM.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    We certainly won't need all of Richards, LRT and Grundy against the midget Crows forward line (except Tippett of course).
    LRT on Tippet, Grundy on Walker, Bolton on Porplyzia, Richards to do his usual thing.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    There is a good chance you will be furious then! They will be breathing fire in front of there home crowd over there, I just cant see us winning at all, even with our performance and theirs over the weekend. Id be glad to get within 3 goals then hopefully smash richmond in rd 3 to get on the board.
    Craig is worried, their supporters are worried and i bet the players are too.

They are underdone and overated. We have a red hot chance, get off to a good start and it's over...we'll send them right to the bottom of the ladder.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

I have a feeling TDL will be put into the side before Vez.... he is that talented small forward we need which i believe will shine once he finds his groove. no idea who he would replace though...

I don't think anyone who's watched a Swans-Crows game in the last decade could have much confidence of a win.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Eski will play, so we don't need cover for him. Hannebery could come in for Kennelly, I know they play different positions but Shaw could go back and have more space with Kennelly out and Hanners would play through the middle delivering those beautiful passes to Goodeshawhite.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Freo buried The Crows with an above average skill level and 90% perpetual motion. They reached a new benchmark for their team.

Realistically, Swans will have to lift considerably in both these areas to have a hope of reversing the appalling history they have against this club.

The time is well and truly up to beat them.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Craig is worried, their supporters are worried and i bet the players are too.

They are underdone and overated. We have a red hot chance, get off to a good start and it's over...we'll send them right to the bottom of the ladder.
    What confidence you show for us to beat a team we havent since 2004! Id probably agree with you IF it was at the SCG, even then though we have struggled to beat them there! At moron park they are a 5-6 goal better team and the crowd just lifts them. I hope upon hope that you are right though, it would be great for roosy to go out in his last year with wins against bogey teams adelaide and collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I have a feeling TDL will be put into the side before Vez....
    It won't be this week, that is for certain....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast