Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I don't think anyone who's watched a Swans-Crows game in the last decade could have much confidence of a win.
    Yeah. That. On paper we may well be the better team this year, but they know how to shut us down and have done so consistently for nearly a decade.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have got to nail our shots. Too many misses on Saturday.
    Imagine the confidence and excitement drilling those first 3 shots would have lead to on Saturday. Hope the skills acquisition coach is working overtime.

Veterans List
    I live in Adelaide and I can vouch for the fact that at Footy Park/AAMI Stadium or whatever it's called this year that the Crows always get those freakish bounces of the ball to go into their hands, always get a great run from the umpires, always kick the freakish goals and all of those things make me thoroughly sick!

I've seen it so many times where every touch of the footy turns to gold for them in front of their precious home crowd.

I will be there though, as I always am, just in case we can beat the Crows, bounces and umpires.

They are struggling in the ruck and have a few key injuries like Otten and Johncock so we've caught them ata good time. I think to win though we'll need an extra runner, maybe one of the tall backs gets dropped for Hanners if he was as dominant against Eas Coast as indicated in the posts. Crows only have two tall fwds, Tippett and Hentschel.

I really hope we can finally beat the Crows this weekend. I'm so sick of losing to them.

One good thing is that a large percentage of our team won't have the psychological monkey of repeated losses to the Crows on their minds. For the same reasons, the Crows won't really know what to expect of us. We should be less predictable to them. And there'll be enormous pressure on them to win, given their poor result in Round 1, and overall dominance against us for such a long time.

We've got to beat them sooner rather than later. Let's do it this Sunday. COME ON SWANS!!!

The Crows really struggled with Fremantle's zone. The man on man football played by the Swans is probably just what they need to play themselves back into form. Instead of finding their way through a maze of players they can just go out and concentrate on beating their direct opponent.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

The man on man football played by the Swans is probably just what they need to play themselves back into form.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

The Swans are great at playing other teams back into form.

Why can't the coaches change the plan according to the team we play. If Crows didn't cope well with the zone, why for flac seeds case will we play them man on man?

I'm sure this will change under Longmire.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    The've got one sleep less to prepare, the long dispirited trip home, freo really made them run and the humourless Mr Craig will train them to a standstill and we will win by 5 goals.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Believe it or not our record against the crows at aami isn't that bad. They have bigger wins against us at the scg.

Last 3 games I've been to we lost a couple of close games 4 points and 7 points IIRC and I remember spanking them years ago by about 50 points.

I was overseas for our game last year against the crows so cant remember where it was played but the games i've been to at AAMI had Carey, Ricciutio, Cresswel playing so they're ancient history.

We're a different team than our last few outings and so are they. Based on current form and each team's 22 I am expecting us to win and if we can silence the crowd early, we will win well. you guys can live in the past if you want.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Not happy that we are playing the Crows on the rebound.Craig will really get stuck into them this week.We are also on the rebound so hopefully we can adapt to playing in Adelaide and get the four points.Should be a cracker of a match.

On the Rookie List
    The Crows really struggled with Fremantle's zone. The man on man football played by the Swans is probably just what they need to play themselves back into form. Instead of finding their way through a maze of players they can just go out and concentrate on beating their direct opponent.
    Yeah.good point. Fremantle out coached them as well as outplayed them.We really need the brains department to think of a new tactic because more of the same will lead to the same result. As an ex Crow eater beware the wounded Crow. The fans there are crazy and DEMAND success. The Crows players would have had a terrible week from the media and public this week and will be fanatical against the Swans. They will treat it like a GF!

Despite this,on paper we have the best chance to beat them but we must be totaly switched on from the first bounce. The Crows will be super slick with skills and bend through impossible goals etc so we must nail our chances when we get them. We have a "natural" forward in Bradshaw and a beautiful natural goal kicker ini Jetta but we need one more. I am thinking TDL but he won't be ready for a while yet.Porplecia ? never misses and from what I have seen of TDL he is in the same mould. He makes full use of every chancehe gets to nail goals.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/l...0329-r8ds.html

Roos said ''most if not all'' of the players who took the field in round one would be given the chance to back up against Adelaide, although Daniel Hannebery, who picked up 40 possessions in the reserves, would ''come under strong consideration''.
    looks like hanners might get a spot if he trains well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast