Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/l...0329-r8ds.html

looks like hanners might get a spot if he trains well.
    Really happy to see Hanners has a shot at selection this week.
    It's funny how people see different things in the same game. Someone on here commented that they didn't see anyone really stand out in the ressies on Saturday, whereas I can't see how anyone could have watched that game and NOT been excited by him.
    Going home after the game we discussed how he would have been the difference for us.
    I think he'd be a great inclusion against the Crows.

how about......
    IN: Hanners, Rohan
    OUT:Mattner, Mcglynn

this is purely because they had quiet games and our depth will have players thrown into the reserves if they have average games.

plus hanners and rohan are ball magnets and have fantastic disposal.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    how about......
    IN: Hanners, Rohan
    OUT:Mattner, Mcglynn

this is purely because they had quiet games and our depth will have players thrown into the reserves if they have average games.

plus hanners and rohan are ball magnets and have fantastic disposal.

Mattner did kick 2 crucial goals for us. Hardly a quiet game.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

If Hanners comes in, I could only see Moore making way.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Plus players always do well against their old teams. Universal rule of sport.
    -

How about Richards & Mcglynn out for Hanners or Rohan & Bevan or Smith!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honour_the_name View Post
    How about Richards & Mcglynn out for Hanners or Rohan & Bevan or Smith!!!
    I would like to think the coaches would give the fringe players who made the Round 1 team more than 1 week to cement their place. Otherwise, what could result is a perpetual merry-go-round where players are continually dropped from the seniors for those who play well in a lesser competition.

I don't believe anyone played particularly bad on Saturday that deserves an immediate axing. Hannebery has a strong case for inclusion but I think he would only come in if there was an injury.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ...I don't believe anyone played particularly bad on Saturday that deserves an immediate axing. Hannebery has a strong case for inclusion but I think he would only come in if there was an injury.
    Yeah, maybe just give Irish a rest for a week to be on the safe side.
    But then the problem becomes who makes way for him against the Tiggers the following week? MOD? Bevo? Hanners?
    It would be so beautiful to finally see all of Eski, Mattner, Irish and Shaw linking up out of defence, that you would have to bring Tadhg back in.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I thought Mcglynn added value to the side..he won't be getting dropped..no way! And Moore also. they all made mistakes..we lost, remember? I do see Ted moving to the 2s for a week or so, and Hanners returning. I also believe that once Rohan makes the team (and that's only weeks away), he will instantly cement a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    he also gave away a pretty dumb 50... and other than those goals he didn't get much of the ball, which has been unusual for him of late.

i like him but roos was not impressed with the defenders and i get the feeling one may get dropped to the 2's if kenelly and eski are fit, which it seems they will be.

Does not look like there is a match up for Richards this week so we will probably go 3 runners and the second ruckman on the bench to start with.

Hanners for Richards looks the most likely.

Fremantle won the game against the Crows last week by putting extreme pressure on the Crows defenders while they were in attack with Ballantyne and Mayne annoying the hell out of Crows defenders who looked lost without their link man in Johncock not there.

That would suggest Roos and the match committee will also bring in one or maybe both of Bevan and Rohan to play these roles and place the Crows defenders under pressure.

Was surprised that Bevan was dropped for the first game considering what he brought to the table in the pre-season and I reckon we missed him Saturday night with the ball coming out too easily a couple of times. Especially in the later part of the first quater and for periods of the second and third.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Does not look like there is a match up for Richards this week so we will probably go 3 runners and the second ruckman on the bench to start with.

Hanners for Richards looks the most likely.

Fremantle won the game against the Crows last week by putting extreme pressure on the Crows defenders while they were in attack with Ballantyne and Mayne annoying the hell out of Crows defenders who looked lost without their link man in Johncock not there.

That would suggest Roos and the match committee will also bring in one or maybe both of Bevan and Rohan to play these roles and place the Crows defenders under pressure.

Was surprised that Bevan was dropped for the first game considering what he brought to the table in the pre-season and I reckon we missed him Saturday night with the ball coming out too easily a couple of times. Especially in the later part of the first quater and for periods of the second and third.

DST
    Tippett - LRT
    Walker - Grundy
    Porps - Bolton
    Hentschel - ??
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast