Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Rd 2 Crows v Swans - Official teams named

We are going in with probably our strongest side against Adelaide for a while and conversely this will be their weakest for a long time.

If we are ever going to break the trend against them, it's this week.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    We are going in with probably our strongest side against Adelaide for a while and conversely this will be their weakest for a long time.

DST
    There we go ... that's the spirit!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, ugg.
    Any relation Mr Richards?

I remember it clearly because I thought Vogels was the better player in the same role (swingman) and I was arching for Vogels to get a game in front of Teddy. Vogels played 1 more game after that and then got the chop. Sums up my judgment

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

DST
    I've heard that before - specifically, Round 4 in 2007.

Unfortunately it didn't make any difference to the result. Hopefully it will this time.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I've heard that before - specifically, Round 4 in 2007.

Unfortunately it didn't make any difference to the result. Hopefully it will this time.
    Beware the wounded Crow! We will need to play at our very best to win.The Crows will be fanatical,the umpiring will be one sided,and their poor performers last week will play like champions.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Year 12 Muck up day stuff.
    I remember that! I thought he was referring to something a bit more recent.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Q... View Post
    I remember that! I thought he was referring to something a bit more recent.
    The eggs were muck-up day. But he also fractured his cheek bone when he fell after jumping a fence over the Christmas break. Don't think details were released to indicate whether it was purely an accident or whether he was doing something he shouldn't have been, but Roos' comments here suggest it could have been the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

I remember it clearly because I thought Vogels was the better player in the same role (swingman) and I was arching for Vogels to get a game in front of Teddy. Vogels played 1 more game after that and then got the chop. Sums up my judgment
    Thanks, ugg I too was an enthusiastic supporter of Vogels, having watched with interest his later career in the reserves. Would have loved to have seen him develop further. I didn't really start appreciating Ted's contribution until 2007 and that had started as a bit of a joke with my best football buddy. Over time we came to realise what a good steady reliable player he was/is.

So, no relation to Ted, but have watched him for various reasons since the beginning of 2007, more so than most of the other players.

And I thought young Phillips was going to be the Swans equivalent of Akermanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Thanks, ugg And I thought young Phillips was going to be the Swans equivalent of Akermanis.
    Flipper was just too light weight and although could get in and under, his potential for being smashed was too high. Can't remember which game but one of the opposition just picked him up around the waste and flung him aside. Literally. Can't afford that physically or gamewise. At least with Jetta he can outrun everyone, and he is stronger.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789