Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell watch

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    This is correct. The scholarship scheme would also mean using a lower draft pick than may be required under f/s.
    Under existing scholarship scheme yes, but under the new academy, the same bidding process will apply as the FS rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Is there any precedent for that or are u just making it up?

I doubt other clubs would be happy and I wouldn't blame them one bit.
    Well, if you go back to the start of it all Barassi Junior was a Demon owing to a direct appeal to the VFL. Under the Zone he was Carlton's to pass up on. More recently this is a rare occuance but there is nothing to stop it happening. What grievance could, say, Geelong have to such an appeal? It does not affect their chances of recruiting the player and any precedent set would rarely be enacted given most coaches are of the age whereby their children are already in or past the system. If either of Roos' kids was a serious option I can't imagine why the Swans wouldn't explore every option available to them, and this is one. As others have mentioned the Acadamy is another.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I doubt they may have the hunger, after all, they've graced the winners dias on GF day already.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Roos played 87 games for us. Plugger might be the player you're thinking of on 98 games. A few notable names also just missed out

Schwass, Schneider 98
    Nick Davis 97
    Jason Ball 90
    Capper 89
    Schauble 88
    Capper only played 89!!!!!!! Well what has he been bleeting on about being the heart strings and hero of the club......and having a tanty when not named in team of the century.....

Anyway, getting back to Mitchelll.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Capper only played 89!!!!!!! Well what has he been bleeting on about being the heart strings and hero of the club......and having a tanty when not named in team of the century.....

Anyway, getting back to Mitchelll.....
    Wasn't his fault he left. Was sold to pay debts IIRC. Plus he was no favourite of one of the great dud coaches of all time in Colin Kinnear. Fantastic player for us by any criteria.

Veterans List
    Is there not a clause on games coached in the F/S rule? You would reckon 200 games coached would be a fair qualification. I thought the spirit of the rule was the service that a father gave a club over an extended period.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Is there not a clause on games coached in the F/S rule? You would reckon 200 games coached would be a fair qualification. I thought the spirit of the rule was the service that a father gave a club over an extended period.
    Makes sense to me. But that might be the last thing that makes it a rule.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Please tell me we are guaranteed to get him! Another BOG for the AIS Academy! The quality polished mid we are after especially when Kirky and Jude will be finishing up by then!

Saw that. Well if we start the nagging now, we should get somewhere. Hope Stuey is on the case.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Another win for AIS-AFL Academy - AFL.com.au

Australia too strong for SA's Lions - AFL.com.au

I think he was one if the AIS's best players against us a coupe of weeks ago as well. Just keeps racking up the BOG's playing with the most talented 17 year olds in the draft.

If he keeps if up he might completely save our 2011 draft just imagine if we can get a player worth a top 5 pick for a pick in the 30's what a score that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    If he keeps if up he might completely save our 2011 draft just imagine if we can get a player worth a top 5 pick for a pick in the 30's what a score that would be.
    If he is a geuine Top 5 prospect, there is no way we will get him in the 30's.

With the top picks being used by the 2 new teams, we'll more than likely have to use our first round pick regardless of where we finish.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

exactly with GWS coming in that draft, if they have the same concessions as gold coast and if we finish in the top 8 our first round pick would be somewhere between 18 and 25. 30's was a slight exageration because i didnt look it up before i posted.

The point remains that we may get a bargain in one of the comprimised drafts. Even if we get a top 5 prospect with a pick in the 20's its a huge win for us at a time when the other clubs will be suffering because of the comprimised draft.