Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell watch

Veteran Site Admin
    Sounds like GWS are trying to pinch him from under our noses.

Battle for Barry Mitchell's boy | Herald Sun

Wouldn't have thought that offering Mitchell Snr a coaching role to persuade Jnr to sign with GWS is that smart a strategy. Would a young kid really want to join a club where his father was on the coaching staff?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Wouldn't have thought that offering Mitchell Snr a coaching role to persuade Jnr to sign with GWS is that smart a strategy. Would a young kid really want to join a club where his father was on the coaching staff?

I am trying to dislike them, but nah I don't really care. He'll come to Sydney for sure
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Pushing for Selection
    What about Kane Murphy, David's son, i heard he is tied to St.Kilda through the NSW scholarship thing, any word on him????
    if your head is made out of chocolate dont stand out in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Well I am not surprised. Kelly is at GWS, and who was Kelly's mentor and supplementary coach? Mitchell Snr. Lots of history there. He even spoke at Kell's Big Night Out....so not surprised he has been offered a position back east if Kell is around.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Look on the bright side, if Mitchell Snr is hired by GWS, they would be doing the Swans a favour....Mitchell Jnr is less likely to become homesick living & playing in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Brisbane (Fitzroy) will obviously lay first claim to the next generation of Roos, but not all hope is lost. If Sydney thinks they have a case for it they can appeal for an exemption to the AFL on the grounds that a) Paul Roos played 98 games for us and b) has coached Sydney/South Melbourne in more games then anyone else (200 by season's end). But The Swans would have to fight for it, and there's no telling if it would be successful or not.
    And the AFL has a history of not being sympathetic to supposed special cases, hence the Corne brothers playing for Port rather than the Crows.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the veteran's list
    I think the article went on to say that the Swans are red hot favourites to get him as Snr is a big fan and he's been up with Roos etc.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

There are really only two teams that he can end up at, us through F/S or GWS with one their early draft picks.

The club has done the right thing by letting him and Dad know they are watching him and getting the kid down to the club for some training.

It would be very unlikely that he ends anywhere but with us and boy do we need him. We are really struggling in the modfield at present and need a couple of high draft picks with pace and skill badly, as we are just hanging on at present.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    It would be very unlikely that he ends anywhere but with us and boy do we need him. We are really struggling in the modfield at present and need a couple of high draft picks with pace and skill badly, as we are just hanging on at present.

DST
    Yes, we want any good player, especially one that falls into our lap (assuming he does). But I don't think all is doom and gloom for our future on-ball brigade if we manage to hold onto the young crop we currently have. Hanners looks like becoming a very good all around midfielder - ie one who can win the hard ball at stoppages plus use it well also. Bird, Kennedy and Jack are tough inside players, and young McNeill is showing promising signs. Smith is proving to be a very versatile player and hasn't had much time in the middle yet but can be a clearance machine too. If Meredith can get his body right, I have high hopes he can become a Nick Stevens / Heath Scotland type accumulator but at junior level he too showed he can win plenty of the hard ball.

Mitchell jnr sounds like he is another inside clearance player with good skills, rather than an outside jet.

What a laugh it would be to get Mitchell Snr to the club....I actually mean that....he is a jovial happy bloke who loves a laugh...we need a few characters about the place, hope he makes it here; son too.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Two for one deal? -> Barry & Tom Mitchell *could* both be coming to the Swans http://bit.ly/cvyZf6

Quote Originally Posted by RTTF View Post
    There are worse things going around then Fremantle's Midfield. This could be a big win for us.
    Last edited by laughingnome; 12th July 2010 at 01:45 PM.
    10100111001 ;-)