Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unless you are Nick Riewoldt - umpires are happy for you to be assassinated - P Roos

Unless you are Nick Riewoldt - umpires are happy for you to be assassinated - P Roos

You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    You have totally misquoted Roos. In fact, you've just made that up (although I agree with your sentiment).
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Riewoldt is no doubt a protected species, he's becoming like Matthew Lloyd of a few years ago.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I agree with the sentiment.
    I hear ya.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    "I think Jesse probably had one of his worst games ... just one of those nights you have with a young kid where nothing goes right,"

And White remains Roos whipping boy de annee!!!

Although White wasn't great, amongst other things he needs to get his timing right, saw him tearing out of square far too early on occasions last night, saw Bradshaw drop a couple of marks he should've taken.

Blog Entries
    I think it's interesting that Roos has now said that Bradshaw was dangerous and White had one of his worst games.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I think it's interesting that Roos has now said that Bradshaw was dangerous and White had one of his worst games.
    Stella, I think Roosy knows Jesse fights back when criticised or dropped (witness his blitz when he was dropped to ressies last year). Jesse was not good, but he will be, and I think Roosy knows how to push his buttons.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Keeping in mind Bradshaw had no pre season, hence getting some match fitness will make him "dangerous".
    Roos is spot on in his observation not just looking for the whipping boy, Jesse did miss some relativly straight forward grabs and when you are a target you just can't afford to do that. As Roos said Jesse is still young and will have games like that.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Blog Entries
    I don't disagree that White did not set the world on fire, but neither did Bradshaw and I find it puzzling that one would have had a shocker and one would have looked dangerous.

Suspended by the MRP
    Best -
    St Kilda
    Umpires: Donlon, McBurney, Grun
    Sydney
    Spearmint, Toupee, B1, Whip, Esky

Living in 2005
    With White, my issue was more the 2nd efforts and toughness at the ball, he just was left wanting on too many occasions.

Add in the basic skill errors, and you have a pretty horrible night at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    "I think Jesse probably had one of his worst games ... just one of those nights you have with a young kid where nothing goes right," And White remains Roos whipping boy de annee!!!
    My main concern, which grows every time Roosy makes comment on White, is that he obviously feels the absolute necessity to be so public and so critical (certainly compared to any other of his players I can recall). Roos has always been subtle in his public criticisms of players (both senior players and youngsters) but with White it is significantly different.

To me this goes beyond a coach just feeling a relaxed player who didn't push himself enough in his early days at the club needs a push along, could be a very good player so want to make sure he keeps raising the bar, don't want to praise him too much as he's the sort of guy who it could go to his head etc etc. Resumably he reserves the positive feedback for behind closed doors so there would be more of a balanced assessment overall, but it still nags away at me that Roos does have such concerns that the public comments are so consistently negative (particularly given it's White's 4th year at the club - should know what it required by now).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast