Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Round 1 @ ANZ Stadium

Crowd Predictions for Round 1 @ ANZ Stadium

So, how big a crowd do you think we will get for round 1 against the Saints at ANZ Stadium?

Lets hope the club and the AFL promote the game properly. That means no more ads for our games at midnight after the game has already been played. Hope the AFL and the club learnt from that blunder of the past.

My prediction is 44,000.

Know nothing about the social forces in Sydney for that weekend so will take a punt on 37,373. I'm in a Goodsey type mood.
    Last edited by satchmopugdog; 14th March 2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Yet again a problem with numbers
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    31 752

I reckon the as the Swans start showing some good form the crowds will return but perhaps with quite a bit of lag. When they win 5 games on the trot then we'll start to see 45k at Homebush for a team like the Saints

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say early 30s, and I'll be pleased with anything over mid 30s and stoked if they get over 40k. I haven't seen any ads for it yet (a little while to go, I realize) and I'm just so scarred by that final vs. North that they didn't promote that whenever I don't see a heap of ads kicking in I get concerned.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Alot of St Kilda supporters I know booked flights ages ago so I think we will get a good crowd.

Happy and I know it
    There have been plenty of ads on channel 10 in Sydney over the past couple of weeks.

Swannies for life!

Yep, I've seen quite a few ads for it on Sydney TV.

No doubt Ch10 will ramp up the ads for their coverage next week, which in turn puts it out there for anybody who feels inclined to actually go to the game.

After the pre-season and excitment generated by the 'new blood/s' I really believe we will top 40K...easily.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    There have been plenty of ads on channel 10 in Sydney over the past couple of weeks.
    Everytime I think I haven't seen any ads I then realize that I don't listen to a radio station where the ads would be played, and beyond that I don't really watch a great deal of television where they would be played either!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

mmmm my heart says 42,500, but my brain says 36000. The atmosphere at the ground changes drastically between the mid 30000s and 40+. I really hope its a cracker of a crowd. I know im getting all my mates along who never usually go.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I reckon it will be a solid crowd. Seems to be a bit of buzz about the team right now so i'd say 39021
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

I'm punting for 50k. I think pre-season form combined with St Kilda fans getting primed for this when the draw was announced ago puts the crowd up to that mark.
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast