Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos......What's the go???

Warming the Bench FredFlintstone's Avatar

Question Tattoos......What's the go???

Did I miss something in the off season? What's with all the new tattoo's on the players arms and shoulders in particular - new recruits and old ones?
    Yabba Dabba Dooooo Swannies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredFlintstone View Post
    Did I miss something in the off season? What's with all the new tattoo's on the players arms and shoulders in particular - new recruits and old ones?
    Comments were made about Whites artwork - not that complimentary either by the radio lads Intimating that perhaps that he thinks he's better than he actually is. Harsh maybe, but perhaps a bit of truth.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Jesse has always been a bit flash, witness big ear stud, and his original gemstone tat on forearm. Its his style, sure as hell isn't mine, but so be it. Big Spida left a tat hole when he left.

However I don't know any of the other boys getting anything conspicuous. Kirky has had his for years, and they mean something to him. Braddles has his arm tat with a personal name message.. like MickyO had with his kids. Don't know anyone else.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Comments were made about Whites artwork - not that complimentary either by the radio lads Intimating that perhaps that he thinks he's better than he actually is. Harsh maybe, but perhaps a bit of truth.
    Yeah, because players get tattoos to show how 'good they are' I guess....

All these tatts around makes me want to go and get myself a big face tattoo.
    and I'll probably get those things in my ears which stretch them out to the size of dinner plates and make them look incredibly awesome
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    and I'll probably get those things in my ears which stretch them out to the size of dinner plates and make them look incredibly awesome
    *shudder*.

On another note, I kinda want a tatt. Nothing big. Or meaningful. Or conspicuous. Or, well, anything. I'm thinking a small black dot on my right shoulder, 3mm or so in diameter. Just so I know what it's like to have one. Or a short, thin, black line on the inside of my upper arm. Something completely meaningless, minimalist, and almost impossible to notice.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    *shudder*.

On another note, I kinda want a tatt. Nothing big. Or meaningful. Or conspicuous. Or, well, anything. I'm thinking a small black dot on my right shoulder, 3mm or so in diameter. Just so I know what it's like to have one. Or a short, thin, black line on the inside of my upper arm. Something completely meaningless, minimalist, and almost impossible to notice.
    Go for it. and then please post a picture for us to have a look at. And we won't tell anyone. I like the thin line. Truly meaningfully meaningless. The dot would look just like a mole which is also meaningless, but not as puzzling as noone would notice.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

There are two types of tattoos.
    Those which are personal and not meant for everyone to see, and those which are public and are there for everyone to see.
    The worst kind are word which are really hard to read because of the weird font used, and also because of Old English fonts.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    There are two types of tattoos.
    Those which are personal and not meant for everyone to see, and those which are public and are there for everyone to see.
    The worst kind are word which are really hard to read because of the weird font used, and also because of Old English fonts.
    Do you have one in mind? I would also add those that are curved.
    It's so bizarre that commentators would be so desperate for anything credible to say that they will link a footballers skills with their ink work. Oh wait? Maybe not
    Gees Judd must really bit crap then if only good players are allowed to have ink.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 28th March 2010 at 08:31 PM.

I pose an alternative question. What is it with people posting judgemental threads about how other people choose to look? Are they turning into their fathers? or their mothers?
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

They're pretty timid compared to Dane Swans and I bet there's not to many commentators bagging him today

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I pose an alternative question. What is it with people posting judgemental threads about how other people choose to look? Are they turning into their fathers? or their mothers?
    Bingo!!!!

Tatts are an individual, personal thing and I really don't see what the problem is and what the hell they have got to do with footy?

Who were the dickheads who made those comments?

Quote Originally Posted by FredFlintstone View Post
    Have you not noticed what is happening in the general public? Every man, woman and dog has a tattoo these days. I saw a girl the other day that had a tattoo which looked like she had been attacked by a 3 yr old with textas. The tattoo sleeve looks grotesque in my opinion. I wonder how long it will be before many people regret getting them. And the dinner plate ear lobes, what genius dreamt that up?

It's not a judgement but a comment. I always thought I'd get a tatt when I reached 50 but not anymore. So I look like everyone else. Not a chance now. I think I will work on impressive shoulders and arms instead. That would make a greater statement.

PS - Can someone help me get off the lounge first
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast