Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C Bolton great defender but.....

Sorry. Wasn't B2 selected All-Australian?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I think a few posters have been unfair here tbh, particularly Roscoe.

Ernie hasn't questioned any part of Bolton's game other than when streaming out of defence, his kicking can let him down.

FWIW, I can see where he is coming from. I can remember some absolute grubbers from B2 in exactly those circumstances.

Not a huge criticism of B2, he's just stating some facts. Do the same posters get indignant when somebody has a go at Kirky's footskills?? Of course not, we accept his kicking is barely average, but his work in other areas more than makes up for it and we wouldn't have him any other way.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    I think C.Bolts is a very reliable kick of the footy. However like most players he is prone to the odd miss kick. Unfair to pinpoint him out of last weeks debacle. When our disposal as a team was disgraceful. I also think saying he doesn't take the first option enough is wrong. That night all the backman took the first option. Which unfortunately was too handball it to someone as they were about to be tackled!!

I know for a fact that the boys will be much improved after last weeks game. We will notch up our first win TODAY!!
    Go the Blood Stained Angels

Veteran Site Admin
    I used to think Bolton streaming out of defence was a great option, but thought that last season it was an area where he fell down slightly, compared to previous years. But I've watched the replay of last week's game and thought he was as good in this aspect as any of our other defenders except Malceski (for whom kicking is his weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I used to think Bolton streaming out of defence was a great option, but thought that last season it was an area where he fell down slightly, compared to previous years. But I've watched the replay of last week's game and thought he was as good in this aspect as any of our other defenders except Malceski (for whom kicking is his weapon).
    B2 isn't 21 anymore, even Lewie is 29 (yikes!) so he is probably losing a bit of speed, but makes it up in footy smarts and organisation. Can still stop his man, over and over again. We have others who can stream out or kick a dart.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12