Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Premiers Predictions

Well i wasnt a member of RAWO pre-season but my tips for premiers at this stage will go..

Premier - ECE to Defeat Syd Uni
    Div 1 - UTS to Defeat Mac Uni
    Div 2 - Southern Power to Defeat UTS
    Div 3 - Moorebank to defeat Penrith
    Div 4 - Auburn to defeat Unsure..
    18 Prems - ECE to defeat North Shore
    18 Challenge - Penrith to defeat Southern Power

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    You've certainly improved dramatically as the season has progressed. Manly seem to have fallen in a slump lately and you beat Sydney Uni away in the first round. Momentum is everything come finals footy, guess you'll have a bettr idea of how you are going after this week..

Have you gained a few blokes during the year or have they just improved out of sight?
    The guys are just playing really good footy to be honest. There were no additions at all during the season, we lost big Phar Lap with knee surgery and a vice captain OS travelling, but have 3 rucks available which is great, one of which is a project ruckmen DK brought up from Div 4 who has really stepped up which is great news. Still some improvement to occur, as with all teams. Depth is ok, with a few guys that were playing Div 3 now having played 5-6 games in Div 1 as DK spread the net throughout the season to see how many players could step up into Div 1 if needed, so he has a squad of circa 28-30 come finals time, so now will start drilling down to a regular team I imagine.

UTS still a big team to knock off however and Manly and North Shore round out a strong top 4 with it wide open I think. We only beat North Shore by 1 and 9 points this year in great games and lost to Manly by 22 earlier in year with rematch in second last round.
    Last edited by Hawknik; 20th July 2010 at 11:14 AM.

I may be biased but going to predict a Bat-rinse come finals time.

Premier - Syd Uni over ECE
    Div 1 - UTS over Syd Uni
    Div 2 - UTS over Power
    Div 3 - UTS over Moorebank (Sorry Tara)
    Div 4 - Auburn over Moorebank
    U/18P - ECE over Syd Uni
    U/18C - Penrith over Power

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by UTSBatman View Post

Div 1 - UTS over Syd Uni
    Div 2 - UTS over Power
    U/18P - ECE over Syd Uni
    Doesnt bother me, if you check my predictions at the start of the season I tipped UTS.

my gf prediction has slightly changed.. Wests to roll ECE. as for the other grades ive got no idea

Quote Originally Posted by UTSBatman View Post

Div 1 - UTS over Syd Uni
    Div 2 - UTS over Power
    U/18P - ECE over Syd Uni
    Were UTS to win Divs 1 - 3 then surely they must have earnt the right to have a crack at Premier League football?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawknik View Post
    The guys are just playing really good footy to be honest. There were no additions at all during the season, we lost big Phar Lap with knee surgery and a vice captain OS travelling, but have 3 rucks available which is great, one of which is a project ruckmen DK brought up from Div 4 who has really stepped up which is great news. Still some improvement to occur, as with all teams. Depth is ok, with a few guys that were playing Div 3 now having played 5-6 games in Div 1 as DK spread the net throughout the season to see how many players could step up into Div 1 if needed, so he has a squad of circa 28-30 come finals time, so now will start drilling down to a regular team I imagine.

UTS still a big team to knock off however and Manly and North Shore round out a strong top 4 with it wide open I think. We only beat North Shore by 1 and 9 points this year in great games and lost to Manly by 22 earlier in year with rematch in second last round.
    UTS are still the team to beat but have games against 2nd and 3rd in Sydney and Mac Uni. Don't rate Sydney Uni in your "Strong top 4"? I would've thought with their current ladder position and how well the premier div team is going that come finals they may be a force? I see they got beaten by North Shore just recently but appear to have been the catalyst for Manly's demise.

Latest betting from Centrebet is about right (market order anyhow, percentages rather thin). Bombers might be a bit of value if they can get back their early season form.

Sydney AFL Premiership - WINNER
    SYDNEY UNIVERSITY 2.60
    WESTERN SUBURBS 3.00
    EAST COAST 3.50
    NORTH SHORE 8.00
    PENNANT HILLS 15.00

Bombers might be longer soon, few injuries and maybe not all there players have played enough games?

I think finals is down to three:
    Uni
    ECE
    Magpies

*** on late advise odds might be right, some players may of got the league special dispensation rule for injuries, league might get a few of these this afternoon.
    Last edited by The Purse; 27th August 2010 at 10:28 AM.
    :

Well, I think I have a pretty good of getting it right tipping 2 weeks away from the grand final:

Premier - Sydney Uni
    Div 1 - Mac Uni
    Div 2 - Southern Power
    Div 3 - Penrith
    Div 4 - Auburn
    U18's Premier - East Coast
    U18's Challenge - Penrith, Undefeated

I am definitely going for Sydney Uni for Prem division and then Wests runner up. In regards to Div 1 - Anyone but UTS.

I fancy Wests to take out the Prem.
    West to upset Syd Uni.

Syd Uni to upset UTS in Div 1 in GF

Cronulla & Mbank will will take out Div 2 & 3.

Mbank to upset Auburn in Div 4 in GF

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast