Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: swans team v richmond guesses / discussion

exactly its not the swans way, just like the australian cricket team the swans usually show some loyalty and give those in a form slump a chance to work through it while playing at the highest level. You cant just be dropping people willy nilly after a couple of bad games.

Also there is a big difference between kicking 4 against the AIS and playing AFL. White had to kick 20 in 2 weeks in canberra to get a game.

My point is that i wouldnt like to see white dropped too early for playfiar without giving him a chance work into form with the new team and forward structures

Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    I've thought the same thing about Playfair for White but I see it as a positive. Let's find out if Henry still has it and let White play reserves in order to get his confidence back. It worked for Jesse last year.....Is Playfair available due to his mature age rookie status?
    The only thing Playfair has is a nanny job with the ressies ...If you want to see him play, I suggest you get to the SCG very early...ie 3pm.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    No change for mine but i wouldnt be surprised if White gets dropped soon if he keeps under performing. Roos has seemed quite eager to publicly criticise white and i fear this might be follow through to team selection.
    Roos criticised him after the Saints game because he was crap, I didn't read where he said anything detrimental about him this week.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    The chances of this would seem to increase if the 3 big boys dont gel soon and start bagging some goals. The other worry is that playfair is fit and firing in the two's and a coaches favorite.I think that white out for playfar is a distinct possibility in the coming rounds, if white doesnt fire up. makes me sick just thinking about it
    Hank has played one practice match in the ressies in over a year, even if he was Gary Ablett he wouldn't be brought into the seniors with that little match practice, particularly now that we have so many other match fit options.

On the Rookie List
    There would be considerable resistance to change a winning team. Everybody gets used to each other over a few games and can anticipate what each player is likely to do. Look no further than Geelong for a team that excells at this. The one change made last week showed that the selectors will reward red hot form and drop an unlucky player. I guess that match ups might also lead to a fine tuning change regards height ,speed etc. However I think injuries will lead to the main changes and (like the Aussie cricket team) ,it would be wise to play on with an injury rather than lose your spot.Once lost it will be hard to get back if your replacement performs. This situation is not a problem!!! It's fantastic for the team and for all fans.We should all be celebrating how tight team selection is this year!

i must be the only one who thought white looked ok against the crows, was leading up the ground a bit. Have to give white and bradshaw a run together to form a partnership i reckon. Seen as we are coming off a win and not in any great trouble as yet why would you drop him?
    Theres not much left to say

Opti-pessi-misti
    I'm on the 'no change for this week' bandwagon. Give the forwards another week getting used to each other. Ryan O'keefe to ABC commentator re Ben McGlynn after last Sunday's game: 'He must have been hiding in the grass'!

I like Bradshaw out of the square and White roaming around chf. Goodsy can play wherever he sees he's needed at the time. This seems to work best for him.
    As the other teams try to stop the Big 3 Moore, McGlynn O'Keefe and Co will have a picnic like last week.

Give White some time in the ruck he'll soon sharpen up and let the other two ruckmen rotate at FF before you try Playfair

The "no change" brigade wins!

B: Bolton, C., Roberts-Thomson, Shaw
    HB: Mattner, Grundy, Malceski
    C: McVeigh, Kirk, Jack
    HF: O'Keefe, Goodes, Kennedy
    F: White, Bradshaw, Moore
    FOLL: Mumford, Bolton, J., McGlynn

IC: Jetta, Kennelly, Hannebery, Seaby

Emergency: Bevan, Richards, Smith

Milestones: Kieren Jack, 50 AFL games

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Ryan O'keefe to ABC commentator re Ben McGlynn after last Sunday's game: 'He must have been hiding in the grass'!
    LOL, ROK better be careful, he might get an ass kicking from an angry little man
    Last edited by wearebloods; 8th April 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I am napoleon

Veterans List
    All healthy then, and another chance to further gel.

I just hope that it doesn't degenerate into a constant flood like Wretchmond tried last week. I want to see fast flowing, take 'em on style footy ....... and a nice win to us of course!

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    i must be the only one who thought white looked ok against the crows, was leading up the ground a bit. Have to give white and bradshaw a run together to form a partnership i reckon. Seen as we are coming off a win and not in any great trouble as yet why would you drop him?
    Agreed...I thought White did some promising stuff. Bradshaw is still working himself in and I think it would be silly to break up a forward setup that is a work in progress. The next few softer games are an ideal time to try and do this.

Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    Give White some time in the ruck
    The 'Barry Hall' solution?
    -

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast