Thread: Article: Round 2: Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans Match Report

Article: Round 2: Adelaide Crows vs Sydney Swans Match Report

Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding reporting there BSA5. Very balanced and good to see the opposition acknowledged. Petrenko was a worry there for a while and Dangerfield is a very exciting player.
    As for Swans, we were great weren't we!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks BSA5, very discerning report, especially appreciated when I spent most of the match time herding granddaughters. Nice to relive the game experience.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Yeah, thanks for the great read.

It's a strange game to watch with the tension taken away. (Even going into the final quarter over 6 goals ahead I still habouring great doubts that we'd actually win the darned thing.)

In some ways we kinda let them off the hook in the second half, with quite a lot of uncontested ball through the corridor. But I guess it was a very hot day and they'd worked hard in the first half. There are some moments of great beauty amongst a fair amount of dross. Obviously McGlynn got the most plaudits amongst the newcomers but some of Seaby and Kennedy's contributions were outstanding.

Nice report. Got it exactly right. McGlynn playing "loose man in attack", ROK and Hanna winning in the middle, Grundy and LRT shutting down their men, the rucks dominating.

A real monkey-off-the-back win that should give the team confidence for the rest of the season.