Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official teams v Richmond

I think I remember Stuart Wenn crucifying us one day. Either that, or he was outstandingly good. I can't quite remember. I just know I remember him for some reason.

And a quick search reveals this from Round 22 last year:

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    @@@@ing HELL! OK, we were @@@@ in the second quarter, but that number 22 for the Lions, I think his name was Wenn, he was wearing an odd-coloured uniform, maybe some bleach in the wash? Anyway, his top was bright yellow, and his shorts were black. He really got them over the line.

In all seriousness, he was @@@@ing disgraceful. 29, whoever he was, was quite decent. Didn't really notice him, which is what you want from an umpire. Kennedy was poor, but it went both ways with him. But honestly, number 22, he was absolutely disgraceful. I'm not one to complain about the umpires, I'm usually pretty level headed, and I reckon they are unfairly maligned because most of the problems stem from the rules, not those enforcing them, but tonight, he was something else. I have never, EVER heard an individual umpire get such a loud booing from a crowd. Some of his calls were just beyond comprehension, and they almost inevitably went against us.
    Hehe, oh dear!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hay's had a few shockers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Wenn gave us a terrible caning a few years back at the SCG, but I think hasn't been toooo bad lately.
    @@@@ing HELL! OK, we were @@@@ in the second quarter, but that number 22 for the Lions, I think his name was Wenn, he was wearing an odd-coloured uniform, maybe some bleach in the wash? Anyway, his top was bright yellow, and his shorts were black. He really got them over the line.
    Well, I did say hasn't been toooo bad.....lol

I'd managed to forget the fearful bashing the scumps gave us in that game. I was so peed off that they single handedly cost Magic, Leo and Crouchy going out as winners.

Of course, the loss and the extra goal or 4 gifted the Lions made us finish below West Coast and get pick 6.

Hello Gary Rohan.

Thank you Stuart Wenn.

Lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I think I remember Stuart Wenn crucifying us one day. Either that, or he was outstandingly good. I can't quite remember.
    Oh and BTW.

This is an umpire we are talking about.

Have you been sharing a smoke with schwattasboots and Sharp9 ?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Oh and BTW.

This is an umpire we are talking about.

Have you been sharing a smoke with schwattasboots and Sharp9 ?
    Hey, I try to give umpires credit where it's due, OK! For example, last week against the Crows, they were outstanding!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123