Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 1 Post-Match Analysis and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    We hosted Camden @ Bensons Lane, and their reserves have improved out of sight, considering they could barely field a team last year, and had 40 goals rattled up against them on a few occasions. With a serious neck injury to one of their players, the game was shortened and a small win to the Jets.

Seniors kicked 14 goals in the second half, playing some entertaining footy for a decent crowd. Having a look at results in Div 2, it appears there will be some handy spearheads, with my nightmare Thain kicking 14 for UTS, last years leading goals (Don't you think it should be called the Hogarth Medal? He did own it for plenty of years) Fritsch kicking 11 and Luke Ayling from Jets kicking a club record 12.

As mentioned earlier, you wouldn't see NWJ, Moorebank or Penriff winning both grades in Round 1 under the old structure.

Spot on PK, it's awesome for footy in Sydney to have teams from the West being competitive again.....just need to get your 18's up and running next year mate and we'll all be flying again....

Living in 2005
    I finally went and saw my first Sydney League game on the weekend (only took 14 years of living in Sydney to get along!). Went and saw North Shore v Wollongong. North Shore are my local team, so I am trying to support them, but gee it's hard to hear "See the Bombers Fly Up" and be happy about it

Have to say the skills etc were better than I had expected, I had a really enjoyable day, loved the atmosphere, few hundred people I guess of mainly diehards and family/friends, club rooms had the BBQ going, beer was cheap and really got me in the footy mood before heading off to the Swans that night.

For a few moments on the day, it felt like I lived back in Tassie and Footy ruled. Nice feeling I must say. Loved hearing people talking about the Fri Night AFL game, and getting updates on the Sat games.

Only disappointing thing was that the Goal Umpires were old fuddy duddy's! Having a go at kids that were kicking the ball too close to the ground etc and telling them to get off when the teams hadn't yet even come back on the ground at Half Time. I say if a kid in Sydney is kicking a footy, let them go!!

All in all, I will try and get along to a few more this year (esp looking forward to NS V Balmain next month)

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Great to hear you got along to a game Damien. It'd be fantastic if a few more Swans supporters would come to the Sydney AFL games, even it was only to get their footy fix when the mighty red and whites are away. It would be a great boost to the local clubs and players to see bigger crowds at their games, both on and off the field.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubzy View Post
    Spot on PK, it's awesome for footy in Sydney to have teams from the West being competitive again.....just need to get your 18's up and running next year mate and we'll all be flying again....
    Hell of a lot of work to do, but we have started on it, hope to break the monopoly on local 18s soon.

Monopoly on the 18's???
    Your not bagging the alliance are you??

And yes PK l hope EC have placed a chain around the pit. The money pit that this! as would hate the AFL to find all the 3rd party payments they have made over the years.
    Last edited by Doormat; 23rd April 2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: had to slow down for PK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123