Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Reserves Report; Sydney v Belconnen - Saturday 10 April 2010, SCG

Article: Reserves Report; Sydney v Belconnen - Saturday 10 April 2010, SCG

If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Swans Reserves Post big win

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...7/default.aspx

Campbell Heath amongst the best every week, and no mention from ressies observers? Veszpremi no mention
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...7/default.aspx

Campbell Heath amongst the best every week, and no mention from ressies observers? Veszpremi no mention
    Go and look on the Ressies Forum.

Honestly we work and work and noone (that means you Reggi....) knows where we post it to!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Reggi, i think whoever puts together the ressies bests may have a thing for Campbell Heath.

He's been OK in both games I've seen, but nowhere near BOG in either, yet as you say, named BOG in both games?

I don't think so.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For key defenders how well they play is highly dependent on the quality of the opponent they have been assigned to. Given that the majority of us have little idea of who are the gun forwards from the opposition teams it is hard for us to pinpoint how good Heath was in his role.

Excellent point Ugg.

It's like our mids who may have a quieter game than we are used to, yet may have had a solid tag by somebody quite capable of playing that negating role to a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For key defenders how well they play is highly dependent on the quality of the opponent they have been assigned to. Given that the majority of us have little idea of who are the gun forwards from the opposition teams it is hard for us to pinpoint how good Heath was in his role.
    My theory is curly hair makes him stand out

Presumably the coaching staff do the best. I hope Heath does develop given C Bolton cannot play forever. Kieran Jack would be one of those for us, tough gig every week

Frankly I hope they rest Rohan, let him build up the fitness for AFL level, long career ahead of him

I am just curious whether Veszpremi can get in good enough form to demand a spot
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stuart Dew was coaching the backs yesterday, perhaps 'Cambo' is one of his favourites. Left footed defender with a lovely kick - sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Frankly I hope they rest Rohan, let him build up the fitness for AFL level, long career ahead of him

I am just curious whether Veszpremi can get in good enough form to demand a spot
    Agree re: Rohan, maybe not rest, but certainly don't rush.

If injuries saw Vespa come in next week, it wouldn't be undeserved, but he certainly isn't 'demanding' selection, unlike Hannebery in Rd 1

A few things to be excited about this week.

Our boys gave Belconnen a thoruogh hosing - this has not happened for for three years. In the corresponding game last year (despite Humpty's debut) the kids lost by 100 points.

Lewis Johnstone. Tall, fast, good mark, good kick. Jessie had better find some form soon because if this kid keeps delivering he will soon be putting big pressure on for his spot.

Sam (the Weed) Reid. Real talent, could be another diamond dredged out of the draft dregs. He's no backman, kicked goals from all distances and angles, a good contested mark too.

Crusher Currie. Some big kids take a lot of time to develop, and Dan is one of those. But it was very noticable that the clearance rate increasesd when Crusher was doing the ruckwork. He could develop into a beaut tap ruckman, just have to give him the time.

Young Nipper Gordon continues to develop.

Otherwise, much as expected. O'Dwyer and Barlow got leather poisoning and Nick Smith got dirty getting it out of the packs. Patty is growing into the quarterback role and doing a good job of it.

Conservatively there are at least half a dozen who would walk into the Tigers starting 22. Not a bad place for us to be.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks everyone, great to read. Looks like a good year ahead.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Conservatively there are at least half a dozen who would walk into the Tigers starting 22. Not a bad place for us to be.
    That's very conservative. Given that Relton Roberts and that kid with the blonde dreadlocks are getting games for the Tiges, that number would have to be closer to a dozen based on yesterdays two performances.

I thought it was a spectactularly good game by our boys, especially considering the relatively strong opposition. One thing that struck me was just how tall we looked. I thought we were still lacking a bit of depth (or developing talent, anyway) in the tall man department but yesterday's forward line boasted Currie, Reid, Johnston, Playfair and at times Pyke with the not so small Rohan running in frequently too. Sometimes they were all in there at the same time. Plus one of the toppies (Emery I think) was a big lump of a lad. Had to feel a bit sorry for the Belconnen defence. They had no chance against that marking power.

I think the greatest pleasure for me was sitting back and not having to witness a certain player (wwrn) continuously handballing the ball at the toes of a team mate 5 metres away. Sorry but it had to be said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast