Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teams - Sydney v Nth Melbourne

A commentator mentioned that during last saturday night's game and I was in serious shock. Sydney, the most efficient team, what the!

That Eski stat is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I totally agree with you Royboy. LRT bashing is so 2005. He's now a key and competent defender and his absence from the team would be a great loss. Demotion to the 2's is ludicrous.
    Even then you could say we wouldn't have a flag if it wasn't for LRT in 2005. His first half was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Agree, despite the way he looks and how he got to the Swans he would still be getting a game as the second key defender at more than 1/2 of the AFL sides at present.
    I'll be damned if I can think of even one side he would not get a game at.

Maybe Geelong? Mind you, up until his great game in last years GF (robbed of the NSM in my opinion) Harry Taylor was Geelongs very own version of LRT.

He'd have no trouble getting a game in front of Zac Dawson at the Aints, the Bulldogs would love somebody with height down their whilst Tom Williams develops a bit more and everybody else would take him, no doubt.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Just watching League Teams and they showed an amazing statistic. As follows:

Year............ Kick Disposals.......Kick Efficiency

2010.................#4....................#1
    2009.................#16..................#13
    2008..................#13.................#14
    2007..................#16.................#12
    2006..................#16.................#16

Rohan Smith said the Esky had 20 kicks I think to half time or quarter time at 100% efficiency. So Sydney is first for kick efficiency.

Someone changed the game plan and above is the proof.
    Sssssshh you clearly didn't get the memo

1. We Flood
    We have no good players
    We Flood
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Veterans List
    I'm thoroughly sick of LRT bashers, I'm very much afraid they don't understand the game.

LRT is a very good defender and the only one we have to take on the real talls in opposition sides and he does it with competence. His spoiling is excellent, he takes a good contested mark and he provides run as well.

Get over dwelling on the odd stuff up, every player has them, and take a good look at what he provides positive for the team.

I watch a lot of AFL games, not just ours, and I can say with certainty that LRT would walk into most other teams. I'm really pleased he is a Swan and as stated in a previous post, we would not have won 2005 GF without him, very nearly BOG!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm thoroughly sick of LRT bashers, I'm very much afraid they don't understand the game.
    I didn't really like to say that...but I agree!! and i also thought the Medal should have gone away from Judd in 05..if not Fossie then LRT!
    Last edited by goswannie14; 16th April 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: fixed quote

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Also a sign of our depth that players like Teddy and Nick Smith don't get a run. Still curious as to how LRT gets a game
    I'm not biting.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I agree with many posters here. LRT was very close to BOG in the 2005 GF. Norm Smith should have gone to him or Foz if it had been fair dinkum.

That stat on our efficiency is extraordinary. Eski's return to form helps. but it's not the only factor obviously. Well done lads!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    The LRT story is one which will be be cemented in The SWANS folklore of success stories, from his clumsy ugly duckling stage through to the 05 GRANNY, should clearly have won NS medal (Judd was just embarrassed), to his now essential part of the TEAM.
    He made one clanger last week, and Tiger just slapped him on the back as if to say, "don't worry cobber, you were instrumental in getting us all a premiership.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

I gave up even thinking about LRT-dropping some time in 2006, so it's kinda retro for the topic to arise. Still, very interesting that a fit Ted can't yet force his way in-- I know who I'd back in a one-on-one contest between Ted and LRT to handle the ball cleanly and dispose of it accurately.

Unless vacancies are opened up by injury (heaven forbid) or suspension (heaven forbid even more), it'd be interesting to try a RWO sweep on the next player to be dropped. I vote Jetta with a back-up of Kennedy. For those getting ready to be outraged, try it, I dare ya to have a go yourselves: it's no easy game to play.

Veterans List
    Agree with Jetta, followed by Mattner.

Further on the Power of LRT - it was only a couple of years ago clubs were deliberately leaving him free wanting him to be the guy who brought the ball out of our defence, and counting on the fact that his disposal would be less than rock solid. I think he's improved his delivery out of sight and except for moments requiring quick thinking I"m quite at ease with the ball being in his hands now.

Not surprised that there is no change after the last two games. ATM I think the only way any of the 2's will get a game is through injury.
    Red & White forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast