Thread: Bob Murphy - Writer

Bob Murphy - Writer

Am I the only one in town who discovered Bob Murphy's writing talent in the Age last year, and couldn't wait for him to come back on board in 2010?

I just love reading what he has to say, and best of all, the way he says it. I have a complete picture of his little bloke in red white and blue sitting "toe to toe" with Luke Hodge's little bloke happily playing together in the creche, while their fathers played "like billyard balls" outside. He is a delightful writer, and I hope he makes profession of it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

He's good but I'm already leaning towards our Ted.

I congratulate the Age though for identifying Murphy and allowing him to write his stuff. Should be more of it.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm a big fan, I think this week's column was his first for 2010... he is developing into a great football writer. I really enjoyed his column - he takes his experiences as a footballer and shares them with us in a way that's meaningful. This week's column seems more focused and tightly crafted, but he's always a pleasure to read!

He seems to be leading the charge back to the tight shorts days as well. I watched the match last night and thought Bobby "high pants" Murphy

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Any chance of a link to it please?

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.