Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough May and June ahead

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Fairytale Premiership for Roos this year.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Throw the wet blanket into the dryer.

We have lots of players in reserves putting pressure on the firsts. That is pretty good motivation. Forget the opposition.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Midfield View Post
    We can only beat who we come up against, but i hope the team realise we have only defeated 16th, 15th and 14th.
    Statistically, we're a very odd one at this stage of the year. Bottom 3, and top, are all we've played. And if Essendon does well and we beat up West Coast next week, we might have only played the bottom four and top! Getting within 8 points of (current) best team in the comp, albeit at home, is probably a more meaningful indicator of where we are, than the other results. Although the 2 wins on the road are notable: winning interstate against any opposition in the current AFL requires some level of discipline... and Sydney is still a bloody disciplined side.

Of course, the bottom 3 are 14th, 15th and 16th in significant part because we pummelled them, i.e. after only 4 rounds the Sydney game represents 25% of their results. That said, Richmond were always liable to be crap (and geez, aren't they?). North are (again as expected) a bunch of triers who really just lack class against the better sides. The Crows have been the surprise packet. I suspect they'll come good at some stage (while still missing the finals) and other teams may curse their luck that they didn't draw 'em while they were crap.

Well we don't have to wait long for the next test. Brisbane in 2 weeks. At least it is a home game. Then Cats and Dogs.

Hopefully if we can win one game of these three it will add credibility.

I'm thinking of going to Manuka to cheer the team.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

We've GOT to beat Collingwood this year. Besides beating the Crows curse as a good omen, it has to happen just 'cause I've been so tongue-bitingly gracious to a C'wood supporting co-worker the last two years every time they win that I deserve a chance for some cruel, petty gloating.

i hope malthouse insults mumford, resulting in mumford eating malthouse in one bite.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Of course, the bottom 3 are 14th, 15th and 16th in significant part because we pummelled them, i.e. after only 4 rounds the Sydney game represents 25% of their results. That said, Richmond were always liable to be crap (and geez, aren't they?). North are (again as expected) a bunch of triers who really just lack class against the better sides. The Crows have been the surprise packet. I suspect they'll come good at some stage (while still missing the finals) and other teams may curse their luck that they didn't draw 'em while they were crap.
    I agree with you Simon all good points I would also throw in this could not have been scripted better.
    The last three wins has allowed all our recruits and younger players to shine at various stages of each game and helped the guys learn how each other plays - within the team plan.
    You can sense the guys are starting to gel better and understand each others roles. I think this is an easier process when you are winning rather than trying to get a new team to gel and losing at the same time.

Cheers

waz

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    i hope malthouse insults mumford, resulting in mumford eating malthouse in one bite.
    I'd love to see that!

Collingwood is gay
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I'd love to see that!I'd love to see that!
    +1

Suspended by the MRP
    Malthouse is no hotdog? More of a Custard Pie?

Imagine the indigestion, in the long run it's probably kinder just to take malthouse to the knackery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast