Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official teams v Weagles

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So what's Dennis Commetti's line going to be when Josh Kennedy and Josh Kennedy are in a contest together?
    We're broadcasting in stereoplayer.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    It is going to take a lot to beat that
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Lol damn fast thinking

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    ha ha - very Commetti.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

What are the rules for Emergencies? If there is a change to the selected side, is the club obliged to use one of the emergencies, or can they bring in an entirely different player?. If the former, then perhaps Barlow has been put on the Emergency List to replace MM who may have some concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Ed, Ted or Red ?
    Noice
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

I/C: Daniel Hannebery, Lewis Jetta, Nick Smith, Jesse White
    When was the last time we played an I/C that young? First bounce the bench is going to smell like a new car!

You can tell a lot about a team from it's I/C, and I usually like to see a bit more experience in ours. But there's a lot of run, skill & class on our bench this weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all go.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

The guys named on the bench rarely all start on the bench.

I reckon Seaby will start on the bench if NicNat lines up for the opening bounce. I'd be very surprised if Mummy is not on a mission to just crunch him at every opportunity.

Mummy mightn't be able to catch him around the ground, but I reckon he'll let him know he's out there at every ball-up.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I thought the starting lineup were always on field at the 1st bounce, hence the big deal made about being named in the 'starting lineup'?

But then I've never bothered to check, so I'm no doubt wrong. Just another assumed misconception I live under.

I reckon Seaby will start on the bench if NicNat lines up for the opening bounce. I'd be very surprised if Mummy is not on a mission to just crunch him at every opportunity.

Mummy mightn't be able to catch him around the ground, but I reckon he'll let him know he's out there at every ball-up.
    I reckon Seaby would be even more happy to do that!
    Last edited by Red; 22nd April 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Further blathering

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I thought the starting lineup were always on field at the 1st bounce, hence the big deal made about being named in the 'starting lineup'?
    The 'big deal' is usually made when an extended squad is named for a Sunday match. The emergencies will always come from the extended bench, therefore if they are named in the starting lineup, they are assured of not getting the chop from the 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I reckon Seaby would be even more happy to do that!
    No doubt his spirit would be saying 'let me at 'em and prove a point'. However Mummy is much more physically equiped to inflict pain and suffering upon NicNat if that's the path they decide to take. I hope they do, he is no doubt a huge talent, but I've yet to see any ruckman actually get stuck into him. It will be a real highlight of the match.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Just watched highlights of the North game and saw the great tackle by Mumford in the centre square which forced the spill to Kennedy, who goaled. It wasn't so much a tackle as a truck smash.

That's the kind of pressure he'll be putting on NicNat.

He just needs to catch him.
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 23rd April 2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Too many words
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I know NicNat will be a little faster, but I have to admit that Mummy has speed too. Watch the replays and see him chase and keep up with the oppositions midfielders. He's got long legs and he knows how to use them! Heaps faster than Jolls ever was.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast