Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probability of winning premiership after being 1st on ladder after Round 5

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Keep a lid on it. We haven't beaten any side yet who's within cooee of the top half of the ladder.
    True, but we can only beat who we play and we SHOULD of beaten the saints. The next 4 weeks will tell, win at least 2 of them and we are gonna be right in the mix IMHO

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Keep a lid on it. We haven't beaten any side yet who's within cooee of the top half of the ladder.
    No!. (With all due respects). Sydney is $17 to win the flag, fair odds.

So, let's celebrate these nice moments, knowing the likelihood that this is not going to be flag year. (I hope I am wrong about my last point).

I am sure that there were fans back in 1934 during the middle of the season, when South head the ladder, who were 'sensibly' saying the same thing::"Keep a lid on it" . Not too many lived to see 24th September 2005.

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Regardless of whom we have beaten so far this year, we are playing better than the past couple of years with a much fitter, younger, more eager side with better depth, in a wide open competition where every team has already lost at least once and every other team looks beatable - by us. So, this might just be a very good year for us.
    Fitter, happier, more productive, comfortable, not drinking too much, regular exercise at the gym (3 days a week), getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries, at ease, eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats), a patient better driver, a safer car (baby smiling in back eat), sleeping well (no bad dreams), no paranoia, careful to all animals (never washing spiders down the plughole), keep in contact with old friends (enjoy a drink now and then), will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in the wall), favors for favors, fond but not in love, charity standing orders, on Sundays ring road supermarket (no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants), car wash (also on Sundays), no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate, nothing so childish - at a better pace, slower and more calculated, no chance of escape, now self-employed, concerned (but powerless), an empowered and informed member of society (pragmatism not idealism), will not cry in public, less chance of illness, tires that grip in the wet (shot of baby strapped in back seat), a good memory, still cries at a good film, still kisses with saliva, no longer empty and frantic like a cat tied to a stick, that's driven into frozen winter @@@@ (the ability to laugh at weakness), calm, fitter, healthier and more productive a pig in a cage on antibiotics.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

lets just see how we r travelin in 4 weeks
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

OK you geeks on the nerd patrol, what are the chances of being top after round 5 and NOT making the four?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    OK you geeks on the nerd patrol, what are the chances of being top after round 5 and NOT making the four?
    lol...sum 1 will come up with the stats and %'s...prob be either Scott or Des
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    No!. (With all due respects). Sydney is $17 to win the flag, fair odds.

So, let's celebrate these nice moments, knowing the likelihood that this is not going to be flag year. (I hope I am wrong about my last point).

I am sure that there were fans back in 1934 during the middle of the season, when South head the ladder, who were 'sensibly' saying the same thing::"Keep a lid on it" . Not too many lived to see 24th September 2005.
    I try to take my Dad to each game in Melbourne. His uncle took him to see South and Carlton in 1934. He has followed the Swans ever since.
    A great day in 2005 ! He waited all those years and took myself and my brothers along for the (very long) ride.
    He said again as we left Etihad a few weeks ago ..... can't get over how many little kids are Swans suppporters..

Enjoy the ride. Enjoy every moment.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mocaholic View Post
    Fitter, happier, more productive, comfortable, not drinking too much, regular exercise at the gym (3 days a week), getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries, at ease, eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats), a patient better driver, a safer car (baby smiling in back eat), sleeping well (no bad dreams), no paranoia, careful to all animals (never washing spiders down the plughole), keep in contact with old friends (enjoy a drink now and then), will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in the wall), favors for favors, fond but not in love, charity standing orders, on Sundays ring road supermarket (no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants), car wash (also on Sundays), no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate, nothing so childish - at a better pace, slower and more calculated, no chance of escape, now self-employed, concerned (but powerless), an empowered and informed member of society (pragmatism not idealism), will not cry in public, less chance of illness, tires that grip in the wet (shot of baby strapped in back seat), a good memory, still cries at a good film, still kisses with saliva, no longer empty and frantic like a cat tied to a stick, that's driven into frozen winter @@@@ (the ability to laugh at weakness), calm, fitter, healthier and more productive a pig in a cage on antibiotics.
    That's terrific NICK!

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by mocaholic View Post
    loving the reference to rh!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123