Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans team vs Brisbane (OFFICIAL teams named)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Strange, I could swear that this is his first chance this year.
    2nd chance actually. He played Rd 1 before being replaced by Hanners. If this is the only change this week, we will still have used only 24 players this season - the named 22, plus C Bolton and McGlynn and 19 of those will have played all 6 games.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

If there is a need for a third tall defender, I think Barlow could fill this role.

Quote Originally Posted by honour_the_name View Post
    Didn't he have a shocker in the 2's last week.
    He wasn't great, granted, but he was kept as a fresh 'in case' for the seniors and didn't play the second half.

Now if any of our guys from last week had been rested after halftime, we could say the same about them. We were deplorable and 4 goals down in that match. NOBODY, certainly not those in contention for a callup with the possible exception of Rohan had a good first half.

Richards is absolutely the logical choice to come in for B2, any other options are just straight gambles which are not necessary. Not to say Vespa, Rohan or even Bevan are not deserving of a run, but we need 'Vidic' for his height to assist down back. If Brown plays, Vossy will almost certainly send Clark forward at various stages. We'd be well and truly up against it if anybody else was brought in.

Talk of Pyke as an alternative backman is extremely premature. Not ready, period.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Further to Ted's shocker last week, as mentioned in the ressies report, our midfield got the absolute mother of all hidings in the first half last week.

The ball came down back time and time again. Ted was beseiged with the following backup:

Blake Guthrie - a 5'9 ish scholarship player
    Campbell Heath - First year player (in reality) who has been good so far
    #51 - top-up player
    Chris McKaigue - irish recruit with 4 games under his belt and had a shocker as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes he wasn't great, but he was set an almost impossible task to stop the tide which just kept on coming in and cover for his highly inexperienced backline partners as well.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    And further to Triple's observations, he was playing FB as well, rather than 3rd man in defence which he is likely to fill at senior level. Yes, his opponent was hardly Fevola or Brown but it still wasn't a position he will mostly likely fill in the senior team. With LRT and Reg in form, we have two players to take prime responsibility for the two key forwards. What we will need against Brisbane, more than any other side, is someone who has the judgement to know when to leave his man to come across and support Reg or LRT and/or someone brave enough to fill the hole in front of them. Ted is most clearly the best qualified for either of these jobs.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Monty's back!

B: Ashley McGrath (9), Matt Maguire (36), Josh Drummond (39)
    HB: Travis Johnstone (4), Joel Patfull (24), Andrew Raines (29)
    C: Daniel Rich (10), Simon Black (20), Justin Sherman (11)
    HF:
    Luke Power (6), Jonathan Brown (16), James Polkinghorne (31)
    F: Brent Staker (14), Brendan Fevola (5), Todd Banfield (18)
    Foll: Mitch Clark (1), Jared Brennan (17), Michael Rischitelli (35)
    Int: Jack Redden (30), Matthew Leuenberger (23), Matt Austin (8), Amon Buchanan (33)

Emerg: Troy Selwood (28), James Hawksley (12), Tom Rockliff (38)

IN: Justin Sherman, Luke Power, Matt Austin, Amon Buchanan

OUT: Daniel Merrett (hamstring), Albert Proud, Tom Rockliff, James Hawksley (omit)

As expected Ted in for Bolts. Patty to the emergencies!

SYDNEY SWANS v BRISBANE LIONS
    Sydney Swans
    B:
    Rhyce Shaw, Lewis Roberts-Thomson, Tadhg Kennelly
    HB: Martin Mattner, Heath Grundy, Nick Malceski
    C: Jarrad McVeigh, Brett Kirk, Lewis Jetta
    HF: Ryan O?Keefe, Adam Goodes, Josh Kennedy
    F: Mark Seaby, Daniel Bradshaw, Jarred Moore
    Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Kieren Jack
    I/C: Daniel Hannebery, Ted Richards, Nick Smith, Jesse White
    Emg: Ed Barlow, Gary Rohan, Pat Veszpremi

In: Richards
    Out: Craig Bolton (achilles)

THat's why they didn't call it rivalry round. It's reunion round.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    The majority of RWO's posting on here got what they wanted and Turnover Ted (TT) is back. I found it amusing that his reputation increased the less he played senior football and a wave of support coincided with his talented funny articles. Football however is not a popularity contest. I wish him well,I admire his guts but have little confidence in his performance under pressure where he coughs up free kicks,usually in front of goal. To me the team lost a chance to experiment ,well before the finals to give a different look to the backline without losing or risking too much. I like our current team even with TT in it although I feel Josh Kennedy remains lucky to be in it and he reminds me of Luke Ablett. We play better when he is there so his effect is indirect but the coaches like what he does around the edges. Most of us don't see it.

On the Rookie List
    So Monty is in for Brisbane. Much talk about how Bradshaw felt being traded. I think Monty will have a monster of a game. He has alot to prove
    There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The majority of RWO's posting on here got what they wanted and Turnover Ted (TT) is back. I found it amusing that his reputation increased the less he played senior football and a wave of support coincided with his talented funny articles. Football however is not a popularity contest. I wish him well,I admire his guts but have little confidence in his performance under pressure where he coughs up free kicks,usually in front of goal. To me the team lost a chance to experiment ,well before the finals to give a different look to the backline without losing or risking too much. I like our current team even with TT in it although I feel Josh Kennedy remains lucky to be in it and he reminds me of Luke Ablett. We play better when he is there so his effect is indirect but the coaches like what he does around the edges. Most of us don't see it.
    Actually I'm not a big fan of Ted, but in this case he was the right man, and probably the only man for the job. It has nothing to do with popularity. As for the Josh Kennedy comment, I guess all his great inside work has flown straight past you. Not to mentioned the 5 handy goals he has for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by honour_the_name View Post
    Didn't he have a shocker in the 2's last week. This might be Turnover Ted's last chance. He'd better make the most of it.
    I tend to agree. Richards has made some shocking mistakes which have cost us dearly over the years.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast