Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans team vs Brisbane (OFFICIAL teams named)

I think this is a good week to be playing Brisbane when Jonathan Brown isn't 100%
    He was clearly suffering last week against Melbourne.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Actually I'm not a big fan of Ted, but in this case he was the right man, and probably the only man for the job. It has nothing to do with popularity. As for the Josh Kennedy comment, I guess all his great inside work has flown straight past you. Not to mentioned the 5 handy goals he has for the year.
    Agreed - Josh Kennedy has been great for us so far this year. Some of the inside work he does is outstanding - its not flashy and not always easy to notice, but he has a pretty decent knack for extracting the hard ball out of a pack and getting it on to someone else. He may not be the messiah but he's developing very nicely thank you.

Good to see Ted back - I hope he does well....

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Agreed - Josh Kennedy has been great for us so far this year. Some of the inside work he does is outstanding - its not flashy and not always easy to notice, but he has a pretty decent knack for extracting the hard ball out of a pack and getting it on to someone else. He may not be the messiah but he's developing very nicely thank you.

Good to see Ted back - I hope he does well....
    I have seen Jude Bolton, Kirk and McVeigh do some incredible hard ball gets in a pack and deliver accurately.Goodes too. If that is Josh's job too I guess it has passed me by.I saw him get it a few times and get it going in the general direction but have also seen miskicks and turnovers.Maybe you need to be at the games and not watch them on TV to appreciate what he does. His goals that I saw were often being at the end of a loose man chain,handy, but hardly spectacular in a dominating team. Lets see him kick a few against Geelong and Collingwood and I will be impressed.Still believe he is lucky to be in the team.

It's Ted then daylight for this game.

SHould we read anything into Jesse starting on the bench?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I have seen Jude Bolton, Kirk and McVeigh do some incredible hard ball gets in a pack and deliver accurately.Goodes too. If that is Josh's job too I guess it has passed me by.I saw him get it a few times and get it going in the general direction but have also seen miskicks and turnovers.Maybe you need to be at the games and not watch them on TV to appreciate what he does. His goals that I saw were often being at the end of a loose man chain,handy, but hardly spectacular in a dominating team. Lets see him kick a few against Geelong and Collingwood and I will be impressed.Still believe he is lucky to be in the team.
    You've never seen Jude or Kirk turn the ball over off the boot either? Or counted how many direct goal assists Kennedy has contributed this year?

Veterans List
    It's a big call but I have been watching Kennedy and thinking that he's getting set to take on Kirk's role. He's in the middle of it a lot and mainly gets it done - wait till he gets a bit more confidence.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You've never seen Jude or Kirk turn the ball over off the boot either? Or counted how many direct goal assists Kennedy has contributed this year?
    Yes,No and point?

Pushing for Selection
    You must be blind.

Josh has been fantastic this year thus far, he is averaging near on 20 possessions a game at 74% efficiency.

His work in tight has been a pleasure to watch.

Veterans List
    According to the Record I had on the weekend, Kennedy was 2nd for I50s for the Swans. Getting better each week - more than convinced he's a good pick up for us.

Spread the love on here tonight.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    According to the Record I had on the weekend, Kennedy was 2nd for I50s for the Swans. Getting better each week - more than convinced he's a good pick up for us.
    Equal third -> RedandWhiteOnline (RWO) Messageboard

But in Hartijon's defence, Kennedy seems to be less noticeable on the field as the others.
    I often seem to notice him a few times, and then I see his stats and wonder were I was looking.

He's also 3rd in tackles. behind guess who ... 31 and 24.

Your watching different matches to me.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast