• Undecided

6 7.32%
  • Who cares as long as we win

16 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw v Hall???

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Bradshaw all the way, but Hally, thanks for the memories.
    I clicked Bradshaw (though I like Annie's write-in vote).

Last night was finally the "let go of the old flame" moment for me. We'll always have 2005, Barry, but ... there's someone new. Who's a little less pugilistic.

Hmm, now I really have to change my pic.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Hall was never anywhere near the best player in the competition.
    Rubbish. Just about everyone had him in their top 5 in '05 and '06.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri H View Post
    I clicked Bradshaw (though I like Annie's write-in vote).

Last night was finally the "let go of the old flame" moment for me. We'll always have 2005, Barry, but ... there's someone new. Who's a little less pugilistic.

Hmm, now I really have to change my pic.
    I reckon the two fists in the air after the big torp went through would be a pretty good replacement!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious that we are talking about now, not over their careers which has no relevance to this debate.
    Really? I don't believe the opening post made that clear.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Top 10 in 06 at the most.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bradshaw's performance at the Swans in his first 5 games makes you wonder what his career may have been had he been the nbr 1 forward in a good side. I've read some posts by Blions fans on other forums that haven't rated his defence and he's been great and locking the ball in and creating other opportunities. He's great on the lead, great in a one-on-one and also seems pretty good off the ground. If Scarlett is back next week should be a great contest.
    No problems with his night vision too which is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Bradshaw's performance at the Swans in his first 5 games makes you wonder what his career may have been had he been the nbr 1 forward in a good side. I've read some posts by Blions fans on other forums that haven't rated his defence and he's been great and locking the ball in and creating other opportunities. He's great on the lead, great in a one-on-one and also seems pretty good off the ground. If Scarlett is back next week should be a great contest.
    No problems with his night vision too which is a bonus.
    Not to mention those steel traps of hands he has.
    The man can take a mark!

Bradshaw is better now and was before. Don't get me wrong, Hall was brilliant for us and was a beast during our 2003-2006 era but Bradshaw has still managed to star along side Lynch and Brown throughout his career. Had he been the main focus up forward for the majority of his career like Hall has been he'd be way in front on goals kicked.

We have some great marks in our side now, too. Bradshaw, Goodes, O'Keefe, Grundy, White can all take a really strong grab.

Hall infinitely better over their careers. Hall was arguably the best player in the competition for two years. Bradshaw has never been at that level. Right now, I'd say Bradshaw is the better footballer.

Hall was a superstar. Very short memories.
    Think the comparison is right now....and gotta say having watched the Dogs vs Saints game I think we were lucky to lose him when we did.

He looked like a 40yo playing his first game of AFL. Was always following his man to the ball and looked very lost. He's playing much deeper than he did with us and as a result has to rely on his contested marking to secure possessions, which was never his strong suit. His strength was always running and getting the ball on the lead...which I saw none of.

He looks old and slow.

But Bradshaw...!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Wouldn't of thought so.

Cousins, Judd, Goodes, Brown, Riewoldt all comfortably better.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Hall gave away a critical, but typical free kick reversal against the Saints which in the end probably cost them the game as it was a shot on goal from approx 30m out. Happy to see him do well at the dogs, but reminded me of why I was glad to see the back of him at the Swans.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

On the Rookie List
    Barry Hall has a special place in history with the Sydney Swans. Anyone who says otherwise must be seriously deluded. His time was his golden era of 03 to 07. His form and mental aptitude for the fair contest escaped him after that. His contribution should never be forgotten or unfairly compared to an encumbent.

Daniel Bradshaw does not deserve to have his career definied against that of Baz. I think Dan would have made a superb full-time key forward at any club in the league. I am very happy we picked him. I have liked him from the day I heard he'd miss that final to be with his wife. What a decision...Lions in a rare final and he was a much needed young gun back then. He stood up to Barney that week, his didnt cave in and in the end, both footy and his family are still rewarding him week in and week out.

I agree with the earlier comment, Dan doesnt make me nervous the way Barry's temper did every week in the past few years.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast