• Undecided

6 7.32%
  • Who cares as long as we win

16 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw v Hall???

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Just because of the no-nonsense way Bradshaw goes about it, does't bother with throwing bits of grass in the air, pulling up his socks, taking out his mouthgaurd, discarding a glove on the ground, doing deep breathing exercises, practising by trying to get his leg almost vertical in the air, chucking the ball on the ground like a cat with a mouse, stepping out his mark like a fast bowler ........

He just goes straight back, runs straight in and kicks the bloody goal.

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Blog Entries
    I think Daniel's marking ability is far superior to Barrys.
    But, I think Barry's kicking for goal was superior to Daniels.

But on current form, you'd have to give the points to Daniel, after all, Barry's getting far better delivery than Daniel.
    Or so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Wouldn't of thought so.

Cousins, Judd, Goodes, Brown, Riewoldt all comfortably better.
    Cousins and Judd were right up there. Goodes was in '06 but not in '05. As for Brown and Riewoldt, definitely not in those years.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Cousins and Judd were right up there. Goodes was in '06 but not in '05. As for Brown and Riewoldt, definitely not in those years.
    Agree. No way were Brown and Riewoldt better than Barry in those years.

Brown struggled with form/suspension/injury and i thought Hall was superior/influencial to Riewoldt at that time anyways.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    if we gave hall the delivery over the last few seasons that we give bradshaw at the moment things could be different
    I was one who felt our delivery to him over the last few years was on the worse side of ordinary.

Now I suspect the blame might sit more fairly with Hall himself. Watching the Dogs at the moment it looks like some of our games from last couple of seasons, just in different jerseys. The dogs now look pretty disorganised going forward and have slipped from one of the most precise kicking teams (in particular into the F50) to just run of the mill.

It may just be due to the dogs mids having lost a bit of their accuracy, but maybe it has to with Hall's positioning also. Whatever the reasons, he sure isn't getting the silver service delivery he expected (and talked about) down there and he looks very much the same player for them as he was for us in recent years (including the aggro which looks to be simmering away dangerously).

Even though it ended badly with Hall, we will always have our best footy memories from 2005 with him being a key factor. The split was necessary however and now we all just move on ...

Meanwhile, Bradshaw has slipped us on like Cinderella's slipper and the fit looks and feels perfect.
    Last edited by SwansFan1972; 3rd May 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan1972 View Post
    I was one who felt our delivery to him over the last few years was on the worse side of ordinary.

Now I suspect the blame might sit more fairly with Hall himself. Watching the Dogs at the moment it looks like some of our games from last couple of seasons, just in different jerseys. The dogs now look pretty disorganised going forward and have slipped from one of the most precise kicking teams (in particular into the F50) to just run of the mill.

It may just be due to the dogs mids having lost a bit of their accuracy, but maybe it has to with Hall's positioning also. Whatever the reasons, he sure isn't getting the silver service delivery he expected (and talked about) down there and he looks very much the same player for them as he was for us in recent years (including the aggro which looks to be simmering away dangerously).

Even though it ended badly with Hall, we will always have our best footy memories from 2005 in large part due to him. The split was necessary however and now we all just move on ...

Meanwhile, Bradshaw has slipped us on like Cinderella's slipper and the fit looks and feels perfect.
    Is Baz yelling at his midfield yet? That expressed frustration will be what brings him undone again, I reckon. (Yeah, I know that Shaw took on Goodes last year but that's just a one-off heat of battle, not week after week as it was with Baz.) If I was coaching the Dees (god forbid!) I'd tell them to niggle and niggle Baz so he feels hard done by all game - and wait for the blow up.

Suspended by the MRP

Lucy

Bradshaw can see in the dark and mark the ball and kick straighter than Mr Potato Head!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Is Baz yelling at his midfield yet? That expressed frustration will be what brings him undone again, I reckon. (Yeah, I know that Shaw took on Goodes last year but that's just a one-off heat of battle, not week after week as it was with Baz.) If I was coaching the Dees (god forbid!) I'd tell them to niggle and niggle Baz so he feels hard done by all game - and wait for the blow up.
    Our footy tipping comp had three long range predictions for bonus points that needed to be entered prior to the first bounce of round 1:

- Grand Finalists
    - Wooden Spooner
    - Round in which Bazza would incur his first suspension points for 2010!

I reckoned on the Hawks being at their unsociable best and riling him up enough for a whack in round three (after last year and with Sammy Mitchell there it was a no brainer I thought).

Unfortunately the Hawks play more like socialites rather than unsociables these days and Bazza's temperature never got higher than a warm sweat.

Going alright Barry.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Going alright Barry.
    Amazing what a wake up call getting sacked can be

isn't it Shneiderman?

good accurate delivery of the ball makes a hell of a difference too - Barry is loving it. I couldnt believe how fast the Dogs Blues game was - amazing - the way footy should be played.
    Last edited by Wardy; 12th July 2010 at 09:16 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Going alright Barry.
    Lets see if he can do it against a quality team before getting too excited

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast