Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans V Cats

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If we get within 5 goals I'll be happy. Big question mark over who takes Johnson and Chappy? (Thankfully Bevan is not in the team this time)

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think it is slightly advantageous to us that they played against the witches hats this week. Hopefully they will have forgotten about what it is like to play under pressure.
    Yes they are my thoughts also. Today was a little too easy for them and we are a team that reacts well to big challenges, going to be hard, but we are a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think it is slightly advantageous to us that they played against the witches hats this week. Hopefully they will have forgotten about what it is like to play under pressure.
    I was saying similar to a mate. The Cats have had an easy win after a loss so I'm happy to be playing them next weekend. It's a pity it's at Skilled and not in Sydney but I'm really looking forward to the challenge, to see our boys really tested. Bring it on!! (I'm gonna be up on the Gold Coast next weekend and am hoping that i'll be able to watch it).
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

i got a feeling we will beat geelong, but then will probably lose to the dogs once the world decides we are great
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Interesting to note they've only beaten poor sides this year, wins against the Hawks, Bombers, Power and Tigers is hardly breathtaking stuff. They were tested by the Dockers and Blues and lost those games, but they weren't played at the cattery so we've got an uphill battle next weekend.
    Good point DA. Every single commentary on the Swans prior to yesterday referenced that we'd only beaten bottom sides. No-one seems to have noticed the Cats' record. The 5 sides beaten by Geelong have won just 4 games between them.

Tim Lane points out the Cats have won just 11 of their past 17 matches (excluding today's game). They'd won 55 of their previous 58.
    Pack smells blood in great Cat hunt

Statistically, they're vulnerable!

Statistically, of course, they also haven't lost at Skilled since 2007, and we haven't beaten them there since 1999. I still reckon we're a chance.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Kirky will believe we're a chance. Bomber thinks we're a chance. We are definitely a chance.

Hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If we get within 5 goals I'll be happy. Big question mark over who takes Johnson and Chappy? (Thankfully Bevan is not in the team this time)
    Smith and Jack? What do you reckon?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

We going to kick some serious but this week

But this week what?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    But this week what?
    ...I hope that doesn't lead to a bad case of the post-first-post blues.

Spellcheck aside I like the enthusiasm. I feel a bit nervous about this match myself. I am looking forward to the contest, but am not confident that we will win. The Swans have been a surprise packet so far this year - I hope that it continues this week.

Seaby Out, Currie in?

McGlynn back in perhaps? For who?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Smith and Jack? What do you reckon?
    Smith definitely, but I hope not Jack.

Maybe Marty, or Tadhg.

Jack is more damaging up the ground.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast