Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Jude play this weekend?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I must admit, I thought (just from seeing it live then spotting a replay on the big screen) that Jude may have been in doubt for this week for giving a bump to the head of a Lion. but I may have been seeing things.
    There was definitely a collision. Very different incident to the Kossie on Malceski one because it didn't look like Jude tried to bump the Lions player. He just made contact as he ran towards the contest.

However, they suspended Brennan a few weeks ago when he essentially stood still and his opponent ran into him, so goodness knows how the MRP will react.

Opti-pessi-misti
    It was interesting to read the article by Rintoul and the aflpa 'directives'. It seems like Jude should not have been allowed to come back onto the ground on Saturday. He made a really important contribution when he came back on, and the Swans were already down one player, but hey, what about the potential future cost to the player? It is a hard call but I say that to protect the player is the highest priority. I still think Tighe's physical condition before he went back to Ireland was a result of gross mismanagement and almost unforgiveable! I hope Jude does not play v the Cats, even if he passes the 'tests' and wants to. If McGlynn is fully recovered he could fill the gap.

I agree that Jude should not play this week. Also O'Keefe. Brave as they both are, I would prefer that they stay safe.

Would love him to play but this is a man's health we are talking about. He should sit this week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Would love him to play but this is a man's health we are talking about. He should sit this week out.
    It's why the club has a doctor and if he gives Jude the all clear then I don't think there is any thing to worry about. There is no way that Nathan Gibbs would jeopardise the health of any player.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    It was interesting to read the article by Rintoul and the aflpa 'directives'. It seems like Jude should not have been allowed to come back onto the ground on Saturday. He made a really important contribution when he came back on, and the Swans were already down one player, but hey, what about the potential future cost to the player? It is a hard call but I say that to protect the player is the highest priority. I still think Tighe's physical condition before he went back to Ireland was a result of gross mismanagement and almost unforgiveable! I hope Jude does not play v the Cats, even if he passes the 'tests' and wants to. If McGlynn is fully recovered he could fill the gap.
    Any proof of this?

AFL in case you missed it is a bloody tough game and the players bodies cop a pounding. I think the medical staff at the Swans are brilliant professional people and look after their players. This comment is a sleight on them and I think very much uncalled for.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It's why the club has a doctor and if he gives Jude the all clear then I don't think there is any thing to worry about. There is no way that Nathan Gibbs would jeopardise the health of any player.
    Totally agree Al. Gibbs has been our doctor for a long time and knows our boys inside out, I'm quite certain he wouldn't risk it.

O/T but Al, your avatar photo and comment definitely DON'T MATCH!
    Braddy a Woman Repeller- NO WAY!!!!!

[QUOTE=Jewels;483180]Totally agree Al. Gibbs has been our doctor for a long time and knows our boys inside out, I'm quite certain he wouldn't risk it.
    QUOTE]

He already did risk it by letting Jude come back on, especially after that 2nd hit.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Any proof of this?

AFL in case you missed it is a bloody tough game and the players bodies cop a pounding. I think the medical staff at the Swans are brilliant professional people and look after their players. This comment is a sleight on them and I think very much uncalled for.
    Yes, I know what I said is a bit over the top re Tighe but I remember when he injured his knee one Saturday and did everything to convince the doctors etc that he was ok to play the next week, and he did, and then for the rest of the season he was playing at about 50% of his capability. Read again the article by Rintoul about how it works. The proof however is in that the year before Tighe went back to Ireland, he played all the season as a shadow of his former self. Why was that? (I know, exaggerating again!) Also, going by the current 'culture' Jude will be declared fit to play on Saturday and be applauded for being real tough. I just hope he doesn't get another whack on the head. Sure, its a tough game but I have a real concern about the long term effect on players of some of the current acceptable practices.

Re: Should Jude play this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels

Totally agree Al. Gibbs has been our doctor for a long time and knows our boys inside out, I'm quite certain he wouldn't risk it.

O/T but Al, your avatar photo and comment definitely DON'T MATCH!
    Braddy a Woman Repeller- NO WAY!!!!!
    Ah Jewels, the comment is definitely attributed to the name above it...

Re: Should Jude play this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by rojo

Yes, I know what I said is a bit over the top re Tighe but I remember when he injured his knee one Saturday and did everything to convince the doctors etc that he was ok to play the next week, and he did, and then for the rest of the season he was playing at about 50% of his capability. Read again the article by Rintoul about how it works. The proof however is in that the year before Tighe went back to Ireland, he played all the season as a shadow of his former self. Why was that? (I know, exaggerating again!) Also, going by the current 'culture' Jude will be declared fit to play on Saturday and be applauded for being real tough. I just hope he doesn't get another whack on the head. Sure, its a tough game but I have a real concern about the long term effect on players of some of the current acceptable practices.
    It's a fair enough concern but i would be dismayed that with all the medical advances that have been made over the years and in the litigious environment we live in that the medical staff would take risks of long term damage to a players health.

On the Rookie List
    Back in the old days the test was simple.You asked them to recall what happened and if they could they stayed on.If they had no idea what happened they came off and went to Hospital for a Doctors check.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast