Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Jude play this weekend?

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.

Should Jude play this weekend?

I know he came back, I know the docs will say that every case is different, but gee... he copped two big whacks on Satdy. Vision of him unable to pick up the ball, not knowing where he was, staggering around sideways, groggy and non compos... no good.

I thought we had two LRT's there for a moment.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    He might not be there anyways depending on the MRP. He apparently has 70 carry over points so it's unlikely he will play this weekend.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veterans List
    If he doesn't we'll really miss him. Playing great footy these days. And a GREAT kick for goal - whodathoughtit!

I hope all is well, but.....I don't think he should play next week. Not after the second hit.

I don't think he will get wiped out by the tribunal, it was just after his first hit and I doubt he would be seen to have made a "decision" rather than slow to make one - he did turn his body.....I hope they see sense.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Not much in the incident, IMO.

Whether he should play. I'd say no. Too many hit too the head. I was surprised to se him come back on after the first hit, let alone the 2nd. But then he still played an important role in the game.

As long as he can guess his name and where he lives within 3 tries I say let him play.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Suspended by the MRP
    He could bring out his 2005 Grand Final party hat to be on the safe side?

I am quite concerned about Jude playing too soon. I read that all he remembers about the game is Braddy's torp - indicating he has Grade 3 concussion. As we know, any further bumps in the next few weeks could be very serious. It's unbelievable the way he attacks the footing. I think he was close to BOG Saturday.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    As long as he can guess his name and where he lives within 3 tries I say let him play.
    I reckon soon he'll need to be like Guy Pearce's character in "Memento" and have the important stuff tattooed on his body.

I'd certainly wouldn't begrudge him a week off, but he doesn't seem the type. Maybe the MRP can do him a favour.

On his kicking, it's not just shooting for goals that's improved - his general field kicking has also improved out of sight. I even saw a couple of excellent left foot centre clearances in the Norf game.

Senior Player
    It's a call for the doctors - they'll perform cognitive tests during the week and make a recommendation based on that.

At least one former player calls for a week off after concussion:
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...0419-spcs.html

And this seems to be the official AFL policy:
    http://aflpa.com.au/articleimage/management-concussion

Personally, I think a week off is appropriate. Multiple concussions over a career are a serious problem and can lead to the same permanent damage seen in some boxers. I'm full of admiration for Jude, but I hope he retires with enough brain cells to have a second career!

Warming the Bench
    Yeah, I'd swear he's changed his style when kicking for goal. Seems to really focus on kicking right through it, possibly with his head and shoulders further forward? Or maybe I was just seeing things. He did seem to have a lot more purpose about his action anyway...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I must admit, I thought (just from seeing it live then spotting a replay on the big screen) that Jude may have been in doubt for this week for giving a bump to the head of a Lion. but I may have been seeing things.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast