Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Jude play this weekend?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Totally agree Al. Gibbs has been our doctor for a long time and knows our boys inside out, I'm quite certain he wouldn't risk it.

O/T but Al, your avatar photo and comment definitely DON'T MATCH!
    Braddy a Woman Repeller- NO WAY!!!!!
    The Woman Repeller comment has been there for a while, referring to Big Al, he's just update the pic.
    However, I agree, it doesn't look good for young Daniel.

Veteran Site Admin
    Here are Doc Gibb's comments. Sounds like he has a strong claim to have some expertise in the matter.

Concussion an AFL grey matter | Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The Woman Repeller comment has been there for a while, referring to Big Al, he's just update the pic.
    However, I agree, it doesn't look good for young Daniel.
    Duly changed....
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

No he shouldn't but he probably will....I'm sure he's figured out how to jip the concussion test -> He was pretty cagey about the whole issue when he was on AFL Game Day after the Norths game.

With the amount of knocks he's already had to his head, this year alone, he should seriously consider the helmet (or the club should insist on it) to minimise the chances of permanent damage/premature retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Duly changed....
    Should change it to "I just hit it sweet"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Should change it to "I just hit it sweet"
    I was going to put "@@@@ you Vossy" but thought better of it...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Here are Doc Gibb's comments. Sounds like he has a strong claim to have some expertise in the matter.

Concussion an AFL grey matter | Herald Sun
    It would be hard to argue with a medical professional from a lay position, but nevertheless there is still a debate within the medical fraternity about the issue. In the last season of the NFL changes were made to more strictly monitor the effects of concussion and also the rest required.

Lawmakers Grill Former N.F.L. Doctor on Brain Injuries - NYTimes.com

The other problem that the NFL faced was that many players would simply lie about some of the problems that they had after suffering from concussion (such as having headaches, instances of memory loss etc). All players want to play - each and every week.

Remember those comments that Jude made a couple of weeks ago on the footy show - it may have been tounge-in-cheek, but it does provide a small insight into the mentality of a player who would literally give his all for the club.

I would not have a problem if a rule was introduced that made it mandatory for a player to sit the following week out after a concussion.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    I hope he wears a full face helmet on Sunday.

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

There is a follow-up to the issue in The Age today: All club doctors to audit their concussion protocols

I really think Jude should be rested this week.I know it's a big game and all but the long term effects on these head knocks are not known yet and from what I saw last week he should not have gone back out.I have seen alot of concussion people at my work and it can have very serious consequences.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    I really think Jude should be rested this week.I know it's a big game and all but the long term effects on these head knocks are not known yet and from what I saw last week he should not have gone back out.I have seen alot of concussion people at my work and it can have very serious consequences.
    The health of your brain for the rest of your life is more important than any football match.A pre-cautionary one week off is still a good idea.Give the brain time to fully recover before it gets another hit.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    There is a follow-up to the issue in The Age today: All club doctors to audit their concussion protocols
    It is good to hear that the AFL Medical Association is reviewing the situation re the handling of players with concussion. Despite all the assurances being given about there being no long term effects, I still have some concern for Jude.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123