Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Herald Sun

The Herald Sun

I don't know the last time I saw an opinion piece on the Swans or a Swans player on match day. As a Victorian, I'm over the ridiculous Victorian-focused reporting. Two pieces on Carlton and One on Geelong today FFS!!
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

what about page 44 (Tadgh Kennelly) and page 49 (Adam Goodes) or am i missing your point?

My daughter no longer works in the canteen there on the sports floor so obviously the standards have dropped....she used to try and push vegetarian options on reporters...yea...whatever!!!!!!! Obviously their brains are stodged with fat and protein and nicotine.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Along the same lines, I was slightly annoyed when Before the Game didn't give a "Jason player of the game" award in our game last week. We were the only game on last Saturday afternoon and I never recall them not giving one in the Saturday afternoon game before.
    Petty I know, but non the less I was irritated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    what about page 44 (Tadgh Kennelly) and page 49 (Adam Goodes) or am i missing your point?
    What, the 2 liner in the corner and the commentary on a change to the interchange rule?! Hardly... I'd you looked at the paper today you'd swear Carlton and Geelong were playing... who
    would know there are 4 interstate teams on.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I don't know the last time I saw an opinion piece on the Swans or a Swans player on match day. As a Victorian, I'm over the ridiculous Victorian-focused reporting. Two pieces on Carlton and One on Geelong today FFS!!
    Isn't the Herald Sun a Victorian paper read mostly by Victorians. I would imagine that like any paper they need to sell papers and they can't do that unless they cater to their readership.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Isn't the Herald Sun a Victorian paper read mostly by Victorians. I would imagine that like any paper they need to sell papers and they can't do that unless they cater to their readership.
    But Al, there are thousands of literate Swans supporters in Victoria!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Maybe so Di but there are 10 Victorian clubs with many many thousands of supporters that this paper has to cater to. Any paper that doesn't concentrate
    on what the majority of it's readership want will go out of business. What would happen to the SMH if most of their AFL articles were about teams other than
    the Swans. A Collingwood supporter in Sydney can't really complain about the coverage his team gets in a Sydney paper.

In this day and age of the net and instant news it shouldn't matter what the Herald Sun do because getting information on the Swans is a simple as a mouse click.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Try getting anything in Sydney papers on the game, let alone the Swans. Drawing teeth. (Perhaps that's where all the feral's teeth have gone, to vic newspaper editors? but I digress)
    I access Vic newspapers to get anything at all. And very little on any other state. Maybe they think if they ignore all the other teams we will go away, and they will again hold sway over the All Victorian GFs? Just as well this year we have decent coverage of the Swans in our own web page......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Try getting anything in Sydney papers on the game, let alone the Swans. Drawing teeth. (Perhaps that's where all the feral's teeth have gone, to vic newspaper editors? but I digress)
    I access Vic newspapers to get anything at all. And very little on any other state. Maybe they think if they ignore all the other teams we will go away, and they will again hold sway over the All Victorian GFs? Just as well this year we have decent coverage of the Swans in our own web page......
    The coverage we get now is a lot better than what we used to get.

Blog Entries
    What about 2 (?) weeks ago, there were 4 articles all about the swans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Perhaps that's where all the feral's teeth have gone, to vic newspaper editors?
    That's very funny - I now have this mental image of various nuff-nuffs across this great land yanking their teeth out in frustration then looking for envelopes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast