Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Sydney Swans Vs Geelong Cats Game Thread

Veterans List
    Very disappointed with the margin but circumspect that Geelong are impossible to beat at Kardinia. A few positives for us though

Pyke, wow what progress he has made over summer. If you didn't know his background, on yesterdays performance he looked like he had played the game all his life. He is a BIG asset for us now and will only get better. We now have a very inexperienced ruck pair but I'm comfortable with them.

Mumford, second efforts are excellent, a hard tackling ruckman -nice!

White, showed glimpses of how good he can be, guys that size shouldn't be that fast

Rohan, must be left in for a few more games at least. Six tackles in that furnace is a good effort and brings so much X factor to the table.

Jetta, showed what a star he is likely to be with THAT pick up, and evasion

Kennelly, looked like he was at his very best again despite the huge pressure

So don't despair, Geelong were absolutely at their best yesterday and we wll get a lot better as the year progresses.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Very disappointed with the margin but circumspect that Geelong are impossible to beat at Kardinia. A few positives for us though

Pyke, wow what progress he has made over summer. If you didn't know his background, on yesterdays performance he looked like he had played the game all his life. He is a BIG asset for us now and will only get better. We now have a very inexperienced ruck pair but I'm comfortable with them.

Mumford, second efforts are excellent, a hard tackling ruckman -nice!

White, showed glimpses of how good he can be, guys that size shouldn't be that fast

Rohan, must be left in for a few more games at least. Six tackles in that furnace is a good effort and brings so much X factor to the table.

Jetta, showed what a star he is likely to be with THAT pick up, and evasion

Kennelly, looked like he was at his very best again despite the huge pressure

So don't despair, Geelong were absolutely at their best yesterday and we wll get a lot better as the year progresses.
    Fair comment and I am now seeing the good work Kennedy does too. Thought Jack was useful and always takes on anything

Another positive: Geelong rested Ablett the week prior to our game. I would've felt severely dissed if they'd given him the weekend off.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Kennelly, looked like he was at his very best again despite the huge pressure.
    I watched the rest of the game again this morning and was quite impressed with Kennelly also. He missed a few targets moving the ball forward, but generally seemed to have his head around the game better than most. I wasn't sure how big an impact he would have coming into the season, but now have much higher hopes based on his efforts against Geelong.

When receiving the ball he also made more space than he stared with which was good (plus he seemed to run to the most open side to receive handballs - Kirk and Goodes were both wrapped up quickly by Geelong players on a couple of occasions when running past for a handball when they really wasn't any space, particularly when it put then on their non-dominant side).

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Another positive: Geelong rested Ablett the week prior to our game. I would've felt severely dissed if they'd given him the weekend off.
    ha ha yeah i though that too, scarlett and ablett back and they seemed switched on more than any other game, made it seem like geelong respect us.
    Theres not much left to say

If you compare the players and the structure for the first few rounds vs this game - all you can say it's a team decimated by injury. The best 5 players have virtually been replaced by 5 at the bottom of the list. Geelong = full strength.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 13th May 2010 at 03:34 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728