Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mumford !!

He is going to be a quality player for us for a long time I think. Still got some rough edges to his game, but he is generally excellent. He is certainly more than going to replace Jolly (is better round the ground imo, maybe not yet in terms of going forward to kick a few goals), and if we can find a good backup (I think Pyke will grow into this role or maybe Currie longer term- and that's forgetting Seaby) than we are going to dominate the ruck contest most of the time. Do that, and get our young midfield developing and we will be a long way down the road towards building a premiership challenging team.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He is going to be a quality player for us for a long time I think. Still got some rough edges to his game, but he is generally excellent. He is certainly more than going to replace Jolly (is better round the ground imo, maybe not yet in terms of going forward to kick a few goals), and if we can find a good backup (I think Pyke will grow into this role or maybe Currie longer term- and that's forgetting Seaby) than we are going to dominate the ruck contest most of the time. Do that, and get our young midfield developing and we will be a long way down the road towards building a premiership challenging team.
    ala weagles 05-06?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

It's those second attempts! He charges after the ball in a pack like a bull in a china shop and yet does it with finese and poise! Some members of the press were skeptical about offering suck a huge paypacket to a rookie, but boy this guy is GOOD.
    10100111001 ;-)

Mummy is a 110kg midfielder who also does a bit of rucking on the side. Worth his weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Mummy is a 110kg midfielder who also does a bit of rucking on the side. Worth his weight in gold.
    On today's prices that would mean he is worth $5,715,438.85. I hope he doesn't see this and want to renegotiate his contract.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    On today's prices that would mean he is worth $5,715,438.85. I hope he doesn't see this and want to renegotiate his contract.
    About the same as Folau...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The Return of the Mummy
    The best thing about this article is his unreformed attitude to tackling. Encouraging on Pykey too.

Mumford tackling the game head-on - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How much do you love this bloke? What an awesome attitude on and off the field.

his size and agility is going to be great out there tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    I've always been a mummies boy!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    How much do you love this bloke? What an awesome attitude on and off the field.
    I love him!

A good question put to me today by someone- did Collingwood screw up by going for Jolly and not chasing Mummy? They could have had Mummy plus Jetta and a lot of cap space.

Curious to hear what people think, I went with hindsight is 20/20 and they needed a sure thing.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I love him!

A good question put to me today by someone- did Collingwood screw up by going for Jolly and not chasing Mummy? They could have had Mummy plus Jetta and a lot of cap space.

Curious to hear what people think, I went with hindsight is 20/20 and they needed a sure thing.
    For sure. Mummy is more suited to the way collingwood play atm than Jolly. Boy did the swans style really compliment Jolly in a big way. One of the most common remarks i hear from pie fans is how slow he is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast