Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans set to abandon Western Sydney/ANZ Stadium

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    The fewer games at Homebush the better.
    given you live in surry hills not suprising comment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The article doesn't specifically say that the Swans won't play any more matches at ANZ, only that they are free from contractual obligations to do so.
    That was the bit that caught my attention. Very different from saying that Sydney wont play there. Maybe a bit less, but not not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
    Ture - I'll be moving next month though and my thoughts will remain the same.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
    I live closer to ANZ than the SCG and I love this new direction. The SCG is our spiritual home and and it's where we belong.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

The less games at ANZ the better for mine. That place is rubbish to watch any sport.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The less games at ANZ the better for mine. That place is rubbish to watch any sport.
    It was great for an Olympic games..forget the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    At least we'd have a decent chance of beating collingwood at the SCG instead of ANZ IMHO!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    That's bloody fantastic news. 11 games at the SCG and the local derby at ANZ is absolutely ideal.

Imagine 45,000 jammed into the SCG against the Pies. The place would rock.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Not sure why you think the SCG affords us any special protection. Collingwood beat us the last time we played them there. Actually, Collingwood have beat us wherever we've played them recently.
    We haven't played them at the SCG since 2000 and whilst they did win that one, prior to that they had only won five of fifteen played there.

On the Rookie List
    ANZ was worth a try for us, but it hasn't ever really caught on consistently ... not in the fickle Sydney market. People in Sydney don't support live sport like Melbourne does. The Rugby League celebrates 30,000 to a game between 2 of the most well supported Sydney teams! So I think that if Sydney was going to expand into Western Sydney, we would have already achieved it. If people aren't with us now, they're going to support GWS because it'll be their local team. There will be a great blockbuster on between GWS and Swans that will be held at ANZ, but everything else should be at the SCG. In the Premier League, the crowds are greatly restricted and its hard to get tickets unless you're a member. If we can expand our club's support so that there is an average crowd of 40,000 and people need to think ahead to make sure they get a seat, that should be our first priority.

as long as we play finals at the scg and dont suddenly have to go out to the bigger stadium
    Theres not much left to say

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    as long as we play finals at the scg and dont suddenly have to go out to the bigger stadium
    I know. I still remember sitting with 19000 people in a lonely grandstand in 2008. Worst finals crowd since when?

How about a few games at the good ol' Lake oval...........although the grandstand could use a coat of paint....... and a fence...........and some posts........whoops sorry daydreaming again.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    How about a few games at the good ol' Lake oval...........although the grandstand could use a coat of paint....... and a fence...........and some posts........whoops sorry daydreaming again.
    Good call, I like both, they both bring aspects to the game for mine and would be disappointed if they gave up Homebush completely (it's a @@@@load easier for most to get into and out of Homebush compared to the SCG), would like to see the Swans home version of the derby there + 1 other game.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast