Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swans set to abandon Western Sydney/ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    What we need is a Plebisite or a Brexit
    ANZit?
    Last edited by Untamed Snark; 30th June 2016 at 01:08 PM.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Yeah sure but imagine another final in an 80k stadium and only 10k fans show up with half of them being from the opposition. The AFL wears its attendances like a badge of honour, it will be a massive embarrassment if hardly anyone shows up.

I mean we still get crap from melbourne vfl fans for that 19k turn out for a final last decade.
    I was raised into the VFL/Aussie Rules culture 65 years ago.
    I therefore was a VFL fan & selected South Melb as my team, & have supported the Swans ever since.
    Don't understand your crap about "melbourne vfl fans".
    (Never lived in Melb. Also, today the VFL is the Vic Reserves Comp - & in my opinion it is superior to the NEAFL - wish our reserves played in that comp!)

Suspended by the MRP
    VFL is now used by non vic fans to demonstrate how vic-centric the whole league still is and how vic based teams always get preferred treatment in what is suppose to be a national comp.

Gil hosted a dinner for AFL coaches the other night and only invited Vic based coaches.

Warming the Bench
    VFL is now used by non vic fans to demonstrate how vic-centric the whole league still is and how vic based teams always get preferred treatment in what is suppose to be a national comp.

Gil hosted a dinner for AFL coaches the other night and only invited Vic based coaches.
    "vic based teams always get preferred treatment".
    - Brisbane - early 2000's ???
    - Giants - past few years ???

Yeah sure but imagine another final in an 80k stadium and only 10k fans show up with half of them being from the opposition. The AFL wears its attendances like a badge of honour, it will be a massive embarrassment if hardly anyone shows up.

I mean we still get crap from melbourne vfl fans for that 19k turn out for a final last decade.
    If the swans only have 10,000 hard core fans, then it says a lot more about the swans than the AFL's. if after 30 years in Sydney, the swans can only get 10,000 to a home final, then the AFL might think its far more important to invest in the Giants.

There is no need for swans "fans" to protest vote against ANZ. The swans are leaving, its signed in blood.

Like the much despised Waverly, we should give a good send off.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Like the much despised Waverly, we should give a good send off.
    Like being flogged by 70+ by the hawks?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this. Let's boycott an ANZ game. Start up a facebook campaign. Get the AFL's attention. Spread the word.

I recall Mike Fitzpatrick is a board member at ANZ Stadium, so anything to give that a-hole pain is worth it. He loves the Hawks and handed us our trade ban for following the rules.
    I believe he has a share in the business. Unbelievable conflict of interest.

Like being flogged by 70+ by the hawks?
    Thats a bit glass half full kilroy.

The home team won by 70+

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I believe he has a share in the business. Unbelievable conflict of interest.
    He has a nice share of ANZ and believe it or not, GWS.

They really set themselves up the old boys, havent they. All multi millionares from using the AFL as their cash cow.

I'd cop a home Sydney Final being played against GWS being at ANZ. I know it would hurt us but I'd accept it as being in the interests of the game.

If we are playing an interstate team then there is no excuse for ANZ and the SCG it should be

Have said that, with a man as conflicted as Mike Fitz being in charge who knows....

Suspended by the MRP
    Its in the interest of Mike Fitzpatrick that we play at ANZ.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I'd cop a home Sydney Final being played against GWS being at ANZ. I know it would hurt us but I'd accept it as being in the interests of the game.

If we are playing an interstate team then there is no excuse for ANZ and the SCG it should be

Have said that, with a man as conflicted as Mike Fitz being in charge who knows....
    I wouldn't cop our "home final" being played anywhere other than the SCG.
    If we have to play GWS when it's their home-final - would unreservedly accept ANZ.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567