Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Major announcement today - Kirk to retire

Very sad day

On the Rookie List
    I think it's a great incentive to send out the absolute champion in the finest style possible.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Kenny's going to get added to the list as a mature aged rookie?
    Some very funny posts but there is only 1 winner for me.

I'm glad the announcement wasn't about Bradshaw's knee.

I remember Brett's first game and it didn't seem that long ago but how quick has 225 games gone by. A true CHAMPION of the Swans and I hope he becomes the new midfield coach as of next year. A brilliant football story showing to people in football and in life that you can make it if you start believing in yourself. Now I hope the boys are inspired for the next of the year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Inevitable but sad - time catches up with us all. A fine player, an outstanding example and a truly great captain.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

What a champion he's been. I'm sure he will be offered some sort of ongoing role in the club. He is the "spiritual leader" after all!
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Let's just hope he is not replaced by John Harriman this time...

Regular in the Side
    No big surprise about Brett Kirk. I noticed this year that he is no longer on the list of top tacklers. But I am glad he is to wait to the end of the year, we need the numbers!.

His legacy? I personally regard him as one of the most inspiring persons I have ever known, and not just through his football feats.

Absolutely shattered......... Such a great player and captain...

So He's definately going until the end of the season? He's not playing his last game this weekend? Or he's not anoouncing his retirement effective immediately?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sad as it may be, it's very fitting that Roos and Kirk go out together. Roos was the coach who brought Kirk's strengths to the fore. If Eade was still in charge at the end of 02, Kirk would have been delisted.

Aaahhhhh Shiiiiiiitttttt!
    That means I am getting older too........First game I watched him play was against Collingwood at Manuka, and we all spent the day saying "who is that guy!" he wasn't even listed in the programme if memory serves me right. Bless the man.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Devastating news. Never thought the time would come. Best player I have ever seen wearing the red and white.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast