Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Teams: Sydney v Fremantle

Dropping White and keeping Playfair (Roos usually gives players two weeks to prove themselves) both seem big risks.

One ruck should be OK (although not ideal) as Sandiladders will beat two rookie rucks anyway.

Is this selection policy a sign of things to come when Longgy takes over?
    up the guts

I would try the option of not contesting the ruck when Sandilands is on the ball and to run an extra rover in the square/around the ground to shark the tap. Would need to have a least one extra player about 25 meters behind the contest to cover sandilands just thumps it forward.

Could then run Pyke in the ruck against their relief ruckman (Bradley?) when sandilands of off the field. Pyke likely to be more successful palming to advantage against their second string ruckman.

Cheers

Justice
    "Fredom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one" A.J. Liebling (1960)

As I said on another post.... Roosy is making a concession in the Ruck to try and win clearances off the mountain! Midfield options is his go! He wants an alternate target to Bradshaw. Bit flimsy, but if it works we'll all be hailing the brilliance of the strategy... if not same old RWO!
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Veterans List
    Bevan retaining his spot is a bit odd. I don't recalling him having any impact as a defensive forward. In the last 2 weeks we have been very poor at the contests. I would have thought MOD gives us far more speed and grunt at the footy. Our smalls are getting slower by the week. The game has sped up a couple of cogs but we have dropped back a couple of gears.
    Lets hope Smith has a go in the guts this week.

Swans coach Paul Roos revealed that club leaders Brett Kirk, Adam Goodes and Craig Bolton - who also serves as Heath's mentor - had pushed strongly for the young defender's inclusion at match committee this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    That's pretty cool - and a good endorsement of his abilities.
    Some may think that cool, I think it reeks of nepotism. I wish young Heath well, but there is no way he deserves this on form. Regular reserves watchers have watched the kid do little all year, and scratched our heads when he was named by the club in the best list. Hacks like Playfair and Bevan continue to give little and be rewarded with re-selection. Meanwhile, O'Dwyer, Vez, LJ, Crusher and Co, despite being among the reserves best performers are left to rot.

I guess I should be grateful that Barlow and Richards have been dropped. But it seems that the form players will have to wait until evry dud in the club with family connections has been tried and failed.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

The best ruckman in the AFL going up against the worst. This is going to be ugly.

The Swans midfield isn't good enough to be sharking Sandilands taps, so let's hope there is some method to Roos' madness.

At least Vesz and MOD are emergencies... based on recent weeks that means they must be close.

Playfair and Bevan could be playing for their careers? They're not in the team on form.

Once again McGlynn has been talked up and misses once again. Whenever he returns you'd think he'll have to do it via the reserves to get some match fitness again.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    I guess I should be grateful that Barlow and Richards have been dropped. But it seems that the form players will have to wait until evry dud in the club with family connections has been tried and failed.
    I am confused - who is he related to? It all seems a bit harsh - the poor bugger is yet to play a single game and is being labelled a dud - but then again I have not seen him play - I suppose I will just have to put my faith in the opinions of the coach, the match committee, and our captains.

Regular in the Side
    Agree on the Playfair notes, istnt up to AFL anymore if he was at all when he was dumped by the Cats. Ridiculous call to play him last week and even more ridiculous to keep him in this week, maybe thw call on White is Ok but he probably should have been given this week for Playfair and if he doent perform swap him for Mummy next week. Roos playing favorites again.

I am confused - who is he related to? It all seems a bit harsh - the poor bugger is yet to play a single game and is being labelled a dud - but then again I have not seen him play - I suppose I will just have to put my faith in the opinions of the coach, the match committee, and our captains.
    Bolton is young Heath's mentor - they like his attitude, therefore he is part of the Swans family!!! He may turn out to be a superstar and I hope he will, but on what I have seen this year I am far from being convinced. ATM there are better players and selection options available.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Not allowed around here... we all know better than the match committee.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

white does need a run in the ressies, but i think he is a better ruck option than pyke. Bevan keeping his spot with no mcglynn in doesnt bother me that much, but id prefer vespa.

Unsure why heath ahead of vespa and odwyer but least hes young.

Playfair must be going to have a run in the ruck????? or we are conceding the ruck? its an odd team this week

wheres mcglynn?
    Theres not much left to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Not allowed around here... we all know better than the match committee.
    I appreciate that's your new thing, but if we aren't going to discuss our opinions then a discussion board is a bit redundant.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast