Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: League Teams rumour

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You hit the nail on the head re Kelly (and he has more kids than Kirk!) - the same can be said for Tom Harley as well - they have to do whats best for them - they dont have to answer to us. Roos is selling his house - so where is he going to move too - Perth maybe or the US?
    Kelly's was right place, right time, and got to stay in Wagga, (Similiar to Tom Harley, with his wife being a Sydneysider), I just think Kirk is likely to stay with us if offered the same thing as GWS but I am sure he would go without hesistation if we didn't offer him anything and he was after a gig. Roos is an interesting one, he has been adamant that he isn't a career coach etc....I'd let him go to almost any other club, just not West Coast haha I'd find that a little too weird for my liking!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Spot on Wardy.

Unless he goes to Collingwood of course then the gloves are off.
    that goes without saying!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Kirk would make an outstanding coach anywyere, but given what he has just said about the Swans this sounds like just one more "[un]-Shaw thing" .

There;'s more chance of the Swans going top this year than of Kirk joining another AFL club in the next 12 months.
    really? well what about Scott Burns then? - he was with Collingwood for about 14 years, was revered at the PIes just like Kirk is here - he retires and heads straight to West coast as an assistant - he may end up back at Collingwood one day - but he has to put his family first and get established - so why cant Kirk do something similar? they dont have to answer to us.
    Last edited by Wardy; 21st May 2010 at 09:37 AM.

In the bigger scheme of things, who really cares?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he's seen the end of the Twilight era so is trying to distance himself from blood?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

So if the swans dont offer him anything then he should just sit at home unemployed. What a load of rubbish. Who else in any other career says they wont go and work for the opposition if a good oportunity comes along. Even in the AFL , if that were the case , half the coaches in the league would be out of jobs and most of our coaching staff would be resigning tomorrow and heading back to North Melbourne.

We should be treating GWS not as our enemy but as our poor unemployed cousin who needs a hand. Lets not treat them as equals , lets start treating them with pity, scorn and disdain.

Would like to point out to all and sundry, Kirky is a fully qualified school teacher..... its not as tho he doesn't have a work ethic.... its not as tho he is not qualified to do anything else other than coach.... I would hate to see him as our runner though (shudder)..... he is not a particuarly fabulous public speaker (lets be honest) so can't see him in media......... he doesn't look to be the type of bloke with highflying needs, so has probably saved and invested a bit of his income ....... Somehow I think Kirky will be just fine, even if he takes up the full time job of house husband ........ BUT I cannot see Kirky being able to serve any other footy master but the Swans..... Kell is different, he has his country property and its been going through a lot of drought over a very long period, so getting away from it for a bit to be involved in something positive would probably seem god sent - they probably asked him which would be a good start ....... but Kirky away from this Club? no. Kirky moving up to Malooloobar? wouldn't surprise me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

How about Kirk for Prime Minister. What a bonus it would be to have someone honest running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Roos is selling his house - so where is he going to move too - Perth maybe or the US?
    I was under the impression that Roos has stated that he intends to live in the US for a while. West Coast seems far fetched...Anyway I'm not really fussed what he does. His tenure is up at the Swans, it's been one of the most successful periods in the clubs 100+ years. Good luck to him whatever he does. It seems like a good time to move on, for both parties.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    So if the swans dont offer him anything then he should just sit at home unemployed. What a load of rubbish. .
    Not sure anyone has said that Nothing wrong with anyone wanting him to stay with the Swans and I don't think anyone in their right mind is arguing that he doesn't have a right to work with whoever he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Would like to point out to all and sundry, Kirky is a fully qualified school teacher..... its not as tho he doesn't have a work ethic.... its not as tho he is not qualified to do anything else other than coach.... I would hate to see him as our runner though (shudder)..... he is not a particuarly fabulous public speaker (lets be honest) so can't see him in media......... he doesn't look to be the type of bloke with highflying needs, so has probably saved and invested a bit of his income ....... Somehow I think Kirky will be just fine, even if he takes up the full time job of house husband ........ BUT I cannot see Kirky being able to serve any other footy master but the Swans..... Kell is different, he has his country property and its been going through a lot of drought over a very long period, so getting away from it for a bit to be involved in something positive would probably seem god sent - they probably asked him which would be a good start ....... but Kirky away from this Club? no. Kirky moving up to Malooloobar? wouldn't surprise me.
    All good points - however, Kirk may move back to Albury for all we know - or go teach at a one teacher school somewhere - the thing is - if he stays with the Swans so be it - if he doesnt, its his decision - the world isnt going to end either way..

i presumed kirky would be on display in a swans museum
    Theres not much left to say

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast