Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: League Teams rumour

Goes up to 11
    I see him running a macrobiotic-vegan buddhist-monastery yoga-relaxation-zen style retreat somewhere in the Byron hinterlands...

With his leadership abilities and teacher qualifications then I reckon a gig at the AFL Academy would probably work out. However, stay at home dad for a year or two will probably be the best bet.
    up the guts

Assistant coaches earn far more than teachers. Those saying he would stay at home have got to be joking.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Assistant coaches earn far more than teachers. Those saying he would stay at home have got to be joking.
    Only for a year or two. Be nice to spend some time with kids after a career of travelling all over Australia for work.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Only for a year or two. Be nice to spend some time with kids after a career of travelling all over Australia for work.
    Football season runs for 6 months. When they are not training they are at home I presume. So I think they get to spend far more time with their kids than what your average father does when he leaves for work at 7am and gets back at 6 or 7pm that night.

Assistant coaches can last longer than a year or two. No money in making scones at home. He will make the right decision for himself and his family and if it is with GWS then he goes with my blessings.

He can't afford to go away for two years if he wants a coaching or media career.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Football season runs for 6 months. When they are not training they are at home I presume. So I think they get to spend far more time with their kids than what your average father does when he leaves for work at 7am and gets back at 6 or 7pm that night.

Assistant coaches can last longer than a year or two. No money in making scones at home. He will make the right decision for himself and his family and if it is with GWS then he goes with my blessings.

He can't afford to go away for two years if he wants a coaching or media career.
    What, you think his opportunties to be a coach or work in the media will go up in a puff of smoke if he isn't in there within 2 years of retiring? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    What, you think his opportunties to be a coach or work in the media will go up in a puff of smoke if he isn't in there within 2 years of retiring? Really?
    Yes because there are lots of other people who will fill the void. So will 2 years with the kids make everything right? As I said, he will decide whats best for him and his family. You're opinion or my opinion won't count.

Yes because there are lots of other people who will fill the void. So will 2 years with the kids make everything right? As I said, he will decide whats best for him and his family. You're opinion or my opinion won't count.
    Of course it won't, I never said it will. But do you think that players who retire in two years time will not be able to find a job? Seriously, that logic is just ridiculous. Positions appear just as quickly as they are filled, whether Kirk tries to get a job next year or in 3 years won't have an effect on job availability.

Am I the only person here who would like to see Kirky have a go at the WWE. Probably. But wouldn't he make a cool wrestler
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Am I the only person here who would like to see Kirky have a go at the WWE. Probably. But wouldn't he make a cool wrestler
    All those abs and things?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    I'd actually be quite pleased to see Kirky head west and coach alongside Sheeds. I want GWS to work, and not just become a massive pit of money an failure (even if they are gonna become a rival and enemy). He's probably got a hell of a footy brain to have been so effective with relatively little natural talent. And of course he's an inspirational leader and role model and I can see him working wonders with a mob of kids like GWS will have.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I'd actually be quite pleased to see Kirky head west and coach alongside Sheeds. I want GWS to work, and not just become a massive pit of money an failure (even if they are gonna become a rival and enemy). He's probably got a hell of a footy brain to have been so effective with relatively little natural talent. And of course he's an inspirational leader and role model and I can see him working wonders with a mob of kids like GWS will have.
    No way. Kirk should not step one foot inside GWS..not one single foot. He is OUR legend who helped create a culture..the type that will be folklore in 10-20 years and you want him to cross over as soon as he finshes? nope no way...and if they do poach him the swans can GGF!

And really tbh i hope GWS really fails..it's nothing but a scam to ensure the AFL and Andy get their rich pickings. 1 and a bit years out until they are introduced and they have nothing..just a rambling old has been and a corporate logo that reminds me of a re-branded 2WS logo. Trust me once the AFL fill their pockets with the broadcasters money, GWS will be declared a failure or a write off and a melbourne side will be relocated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast