Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Frockers in game discussion

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Really struggling in the midfield to get any clean ball.

Only way out from here is if the midfield can lift their intensity around the contest and get their hands on the ball at the clearances.

DST
    Rodney Eade Swans style. Sweat on the opponent then tackle after they get possession. Our mids at contests either play the blocking game or are always behind. They just don't get to the ball first in a contest and don't try to.

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Apparently BBB has had a brain explosion in the WB v BD game, sound scary, the commentators reckon they have never seen him that out of control.!
    And it's being applauded by almost everyone on Big Footy, what a bunch of hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Freo are creating the loose man with ease through hard running. Whenever we get the footy we are forced to kick to a contest. That is the main difference IMO.

Oh, and why did we play Pyke? According to Roos we don't have anyone who can quell the influence of Sandilands so if that is the case then why would you a) play a ruckman at all or b) play a ruckman who gives you nothing around the ground

Amateur hour at the selection table this week.
    I think Pyke's done reasonably well. two of our scoring shots also came from his handpasses.

Its the stars I'd be pointing fingers at. Bevan was caught behind twice - although i expect he's been told to try and keep his man out of the play and so has probably been encouraged to play from behind

Quote Originally Posted by anniswan View Post
    Apparently BBB has had a brain explosion in the WB v BD game, sound scary, the commentators reckon they have never seen him that out of control.!
    Just had a look at that........BAZERK! Bazza got bumped when he was trying to do up his bottlace...... Proceeded to try and rip the Kangas players head from his torso! He went mental...then Rocket went mental (I was worried for the phone).... Ahhh the good old days.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I think we all saw enough in that half to stamp Bevan's papers - at least as a forward. He doesnt read the play well and has been beaten by his opponent a few times one on one.

TDL (if fit) would have to get a go soon you'd think. Hell, even LJ would give a better account as a forward, might be worth blooding him - even if he is not 'ready'.

Besides Goodes and Smith I can't think of anyone who is beating their opponent.
    Whatever ability Bevan had he has lost. He is bleedin awful. What a waste of time. Give his spot to someone who is prepared to work. He is standing around like a stale bottle of P155.

kennelly gone for the season?
    Theres not much left to say

Have to say, Nick Smith has done all the right things today. Nice goal also. Hill wouldn't exactly be easy to keep up with.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Cant believe some of these guys are pros, worst pros in the world Bevan gets a salary hahhahaha well done Bevan

Guys, you need to get over this continual bagging of players that have no real bearing on the current score.

Neither Bevan or Playfair have anything to do with how the game is panning out and will always be bit part players.

It's the midfield of ROK, McVeigh, Bolton, Jetta, Kennedy, Jack etc that collectively need a kick up their arse.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Bevan is playing on Pav?!

And now Bradshaw limping off. This game is a write-off...
    Last edited by Donners; 22nd May 2010 at 04:48 PM.

why is there no time clock on Foxtel

Well we dominated posession and territory in that quarter and have nothing to show for it. Freo not having to work hard at all for their goals, they pretty much take it straight down there and convert.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast