Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes V Hawthorn

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Hawks were great today against the Blues. Going to be a tough contest for us on Sunday.
    I'm a little concerned about who we have to play on Buddy. Bolton hasn't done too badly in recent years, and while LRT and Grundy have both stepped up this year, I don't think either has the agility or pace to keep with Franklin if he gets decent supply.

Too right. I think Grundy will get first crack at Buddy and LRT to Roughhead. Lets hope the midfield can get on top and stop the supply to the Hawks forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    He may have the wrong genes to be a power forward - 74kg & 182cm doesn't make a Jonathan Brown physique
    He's not a KPF, but as a more disciplined/consistent version of Jeff Farmer, he could be an ideal inclusion to a side that is currently lacking sufficient avenues to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Too right. I think Grundy will get first crack at Buddy and LRT to Roughhead. Lets hope the midfield can get on top and stop the supply to the Hawks forwards.
    Nah, I reckon LRT will go to Buddy first. He has the better reach of the two, which is Buddy's main weapon in marking contests, and Buddy tends to play a bit further up the ground, which tends to suit LRT. Grundy is pound for pound a bit stronger, and I can see him working off Roughead more than Franklin.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

they played hard and well today against the blues, whoever comes in needs to be ready for relentless tackling and pressure.

Great. We play Hawthorn just when they find form and confidence and we lose it.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

There was a post in the Heave Ho match day thread about us playing the Poos and Wees into form.... I think Caaaaaarrlllton did that for us today! Goodesy loves playing the sewerage, heres hoping he bounces back into redhotedness!!!!

I think Pyke will stay, Heath will stay also because of the 2 week minimum policy that Roosy has. Bradshaw, Kennelly out injured. Mumford in. Bevan OUT, MOD/Vesz in. White (if not injured in). Can Pyke kick straight? Just a question ( and don't flame me) he is a big fast body... if he can mark and kick.... Chuck him up forward?????? ducks for cover
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Veterans List
    It looks as if Braddy an Tadgh won't play so thats two we need and, as much as I like him, I think Bevan has to go. Pyke stays. McGlynn may be doubtful.

Mummy in, after that let's go with the two form ressies players, MOD and TDL. We could do with the pace and the clever forward.

That does however give us an extremely young side, MOD, TDL, Heath, Jetta, Rohan, Hanners but lets bite the bullet.

Bugger that Hawthorn were great today :-(

Breaking news about an ex Swan.

Ex-footy star Shannon Grant locked up for drunkenness in Bendigo | News.com.au

It is not looking good but don't be surprised if Barlow and Ted are back.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

It is not looking good but don't be surprised if Barlow and Ted are back.[/QUOTE]

If barlow returns i'll be warming up the membership shredder

I'd like to think if Barlow does get any other chance, and if he really does have the ability we believe he does, then he would put in a strong effort. I think it was a little harsh that he was branded Complete and Utter Dud after a game ( Geelong at Geelong ) in which he did play poorly, but so did our star full forward, most of our Midfielders, and a host of others.

The reason I'm willing to see him get another go is Playfair. I thought he was useless against the dogs, and voiced that on here. Against Fremantle however, i though he was easily one of our best. I believe maybe if Cheese had the oppurtunity to play back to back games, he might have really come out with something to prove against the doggies after a poor performance the week before. Not that he shouldn't have had somethig to prove against the cats, but thats as tough a day at the office as you can get in Footy.

How many chances do you want him to have. i admit he is a great athlete BUT he has no understanding or feel for the game. He should try out for the Commonwealth Games athletics where he would probably do well.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast