Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Changes V Hawthorn

On the rise
    I am encouraged that we have 11 players under 24 this week

On the Rookie List

What Fevola shows us

Watching the Brisbane/Collingwood game brought home clearly to me that the most obvious thing of all is that you must have forwards who can kick goals. Brisbane had one and Fev kicked goals that were sheer brilliance. Aside from his goals he seemed slow,reluctant to chase and unfit yet he won the game! At the other end Collingwood had no one and missed the brilliance of Medhurst. The lesson for the Swans.......... you can pick players coz they are big,you can pick them coz they are fast, you can get the whole team tackling hard and the forwards applying defensive pressure. None of this will win you a game unless you kick goals. These things might set you up for a win but you must have that player who can finish it off with a goal. We have that player in Bradshaw and boy do we miss him.I believe the selectors erred in not picking TDL who is also a natural gifted goal kicker.

i would agree with you that we dont have enough pure forwards in the team.

I would prefer a couple of permanent small forwards instead of rotating midfielders through the whole time. Look at Geelong thy have pod, mooney, hawkins, chapman, johnson, varcoe and stokes except for chapman and varcoe they are all genuine forwards. It makes them far more dangerous and efficient from entries inside 50. Where this week we have White, Playfair, Rohan who are forwards (using the term loosely) then we will rotate O'keefe, mcveigh, bolton, jack, jetta,kennedy, hanners and goodes through midfield and up forward. All these guys will try hard but arnt really genuine forwards who can regularly kick multiple goals (besides goodes).

For mine we would look a more dangerous team if we had a few more permanent forwards especially smalls who have pace, skill and goal sense. For mine we need Bradshaw, white, rohan, TDL, McGlynn and maybe moore to play largely as forwards then rotate goodes and other mids thorough. I understand that this best case scenario is not possible atm because of injury so considering our lack of forwards at the moment we most definitely needed TDL in

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Watching the Brisbane/Collingwood game brought home clearly to me that the most obvious thing of all is that you must have forwards who can kick goals. Brisbane had one and Fev kicked goals that were sheer brilliance. Aside from his goals he seemed slow,reluctant to chase and unfit yet he won the game! At the other end Collingwood had no one and missed the brilliance of Medhurst. The lesson for the Swans.......... you can pick players coz they are big,you can pick them coz they are fast, you can get the whole team tackling hard and the forwards applying defensive pressure. None of this will win you a game unless you kick goals. These things might set you up for a win but you must have that player who can finish it off with a goal. We have that player in Bradshaw and boy do we miss him.I believe the selectors erred in not picking TDL who is also a natural gifted goal kicker.
    A very prophetic post.......

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    People who think Kennedy should be dropped are clueless. He has been one of our best all year - just because he doesn't do anything flashy doesn't mean he hasn't been doing a fantastic job...
    Where are those people?
    Great game by JPK. I am loving this guy.

I hope TDL can come in soon. He's a lot younger than Podsiadly.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021