Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kids shine through

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He's a gem isn't he Scott. I was v ery pleased with the kids today. Didn't think Cambo disgraced himself. I do worry about Jetta tho. Gets the ball, and stuffs the disposal.....thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I also noticed some absolute scrubbers from him as well.

It was a strange performance from Jetstar. I'd have been happy to see him spend a few weeks recharging the batteries in the 2's for the past few weeks, yet yesterday he put in probably his finest half of footy for us in the 2nd half. He also coupled it with probably his worst performance disposal wise. He's kicking skills were sublime earlier in the year, but yesterday he was very ordinary in that department.
    I would say that Jetta had a poor game on the weekend - based mainly on his disposal. There is little value getting the ball if you can't hit a target (no matter how exciting the player is before the ball hits his boot). I have no idea why his kicking was so bad, because he has delivered some incredible passes in the past. It is possible that he has an inherent flaw in his technique, or that he is exhausted by the time he gets ball to boot, but either way I hope it is not a recurring trend because it will get tired very fast - and he will find himself out of the team.

Having said all that, the young guys - particularly Hannerbery, Rohan and Jack - are really giving supporters something to get excited about.

I now have no expectations in regards to 2010 for the Swans, but I think that will allow me to enjoy the games more - win, lose, or draw. It won't worry me too much, as I will be happy if the players mentioned in this thread continue to improve. I still hope that we will win each week and of course we can still make the finals - but I have no expectation that either will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Fyfe at Freo was one of the BOG against us. He's definitely on track for this week.
    On the money with Fyfe - he got it. Well done!

3 tough games Rohan has endured with our own teams depleted .................he will start to motor now I think
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234