Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Sydney Swans and the umpires

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Number 1 is Chris Donlon. The best place to for names and who is umpring each weekend is their official website. AFLUA

They are also listed in each Footy Record if you get them.
    Yeah ... I subscribe and get every week. This week's one is still downstairs.

Chris Donlon should spend some time in the ressies as well.

(Fanks Matty!!)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I finally watched the game last night.

Ok i am convinced there is something fishy down at docklands..how the hell did the umpires pick out free kicks in front of goal to allow Port to comeback? Almost all weren't there. The Bird HTB was shocking and since when is it a free when your shin gets in the way of a players head? When did the rule that states if your opponents head merely touches your shin its a free. Is it only enforced when the swans play?

After watching Geelong get so much latitude on Saturday night i am convinced that the AFL is one rigged silly code.

Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkysSocks View Post
    Prove me wrong.
    I don't think anything / anyone will be able to prove your opinion wrong, as it sure seems pretty rusted on - .

However, Mattner did get a similarly softish free kick earlier in the year for his head making contact with an opposition player's leg - can't remember who we were playing exactly, but I am sure that some on here would recall the discussion (most on RWO argued that the free kick was unwarranted and that Mattner had made the contact, not the player 'standing still' - I argued that it was an unlucky, but fair free kick, but I was in the minority).

Also, on the weekend I actually thought that we had the run of the umpiring decisions in the first half.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post

Also, on the weekend I actually thought that we had the run of the umpiring decisions in the first half.
    Yeah we were doing ok, but they sure made up for that in the second half, I can't remember such a drastic change from the umps. However much we paid them in the first half must've been tripled by port at the break.

I
    Well the second half quickly erased that! It makes no sense why the umps were rewarding port with frees that were not there.

So we copped a lucky free, thats what, 1 in 150?

I reckon we would be sitting in front of Carlton if it were not for those ridiculous calls resulting in port scoring... actually I'm quite impressed we still beat them by 38 points.

.....can't remember who we were playing exactly, but I am sure that some on here would recall the discussion
    Hawthorn
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011