Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patiently waiting for MRP details...

i thought it was awesome and every scumbag defender who pushes over their opponent while they are doing up their laces, should receive a 30second headlock.

btw it wasn't a choke hold, his elbow and forearm was around the back of the neck, not the front... not very dangerous and would take a while to put someone to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Can someone explain this to me?

Now, by and large I think part of the reason for Hall's frustrations over the years has a lot to do with poor umpiring, both decisions against him and non-decisions for him, and no doubt he was provoked the other day but . . .

He made a conscious decision to put a bloke in a choke hold, vice like, around the neck - a very dangerous thing to do if you are taking a pure view of things given the potential for something to go seriously wrong if the neck is wrenched the wrong way . . . and he got a fine.

Mummy, on the other hand, tackled a bloke hard, but fair. The relative technical danger of the two acts is not comparable.

If the AFL is as concerned about the protection of players as it says it is, where is the relative logic in the two sets of punishment?

The MRP has just told the entire competition you can't tackle blokes vigorously, but you can try to strangle them to sleep. Odd
    I am so with you here IU2.
    Whether or not people agree with Halls punishment (or lack thereof) it is the lack of logic in the punishments metered out in the two instances that is so damned frustrating and infuriating.
    I wonder if Hall had put a head lock on Gary Ablett if the punishment would still have been the same.
    The inconsistancies in both the umpiring and MRP decisions is beginning to ruin this game for me.
    Last edited by Jewels; 25th May 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Makes you wonder if there really is an agenda to assist vic clubs atm..as every round goes by the AFL are making it more obvious. They leave me with no choice than to think they are up to something that is against the spirit of the code.

I was gobsmacked as well regarding Hall. Mummy is not even a violent person with a very short fuse and he got more than Hall, regardless of provocation. To me a lot of the MRP decisions are being influenced by media. Had there not been this whole outcry of poor barry i think the MRP would have suspended hall.

As it stands the melbournecentric AFL media again asserting their massive influence on anything victorian.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkysSocks View Post
    Makes you wonder if there really is an agenda to assist vic clubs atm..as every round goes by the AFL are making it more obvious. They leave me with no choice than to think they are up to something that is against the spirit of the code.

I was gobsmacked as well regarding Hall. Mummy is not even a violent person with a very short fuse and he got more than Hall, regardless of provocation. To me a lot of the MRP decisions are being influenced by media. Had there not been this whole outcry of poor barry i think the MRP would have suspended hall.

As it stands the melbournecentric AFL media again asserting their massive influence on anything victorian.
    Where was the pro-Hall outcry in the media when he was wearing Swans colours?

Players know Barry has a short fuse and in the past (when playing for us) suspension usually followed his retaliation. I believed then and now, that his anger needed to be controlled more but where is the "thug" tag he was labelled with back then?

The Mumford analogy is a perfect one. Three weeks for something far more innocuous than a headlock. Perhaps, as someone suggested previously, if Barry Hall had Garry Jnr around the neck instead of Thompson, the result might have been different.

The whole thing smacks of inconsistency.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkysSocks View Post
    .... To me a lot of the MRP decisions are being influenced by media. Had there not been this whole outcry of poor barry i think the MRP would have suspended hall.

I thought their was a lot of media comment about Mummy's tackle, the majority of it saying that it was a nothing event and should have been rejected outright.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Seems like Hall has gone from thug to innocent victim...
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123