Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Swans are playing tomorrow!

The Swans are playing tomorrow!

As I found out today after having been driven to the train station with three kids in tow all decked out in Swans gear.
    Thank god I had one of those funny feelings and checked the paper at Woolworths and rung my mother in law to have her turn around and collect us

um... can't wait till tomorrow

Have to ring back my sons basketball coach and inform him of the miraculous ankle injury recover....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

That's hilarious - lucky you didn't make it all the way to the 'G!

I am busting for the game tomorrow also (but luckily I am working today which stops me from getting there a day early). I don't know how we will go - but that is half the fun. Go Swanners!

Yeah, one of only a few occasions I can get to a game this year.
    Only 6 in Melbourne, and of those I only have my two kids for 4 of them as they're mum has her access weekends fortnightly.
    Then we have all the otehr events to work around, so they were a bit let down when we hopped back in teh car to come home
    We'll make the same journey tomorrow.
    They all have a stupid story to tell their school friends on Monday
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

With enthusiasm like yours we will have a bumper Swans crowd tomorrow !!
    C T S - I remember when you didn't have to look these things up - it was always 2pm Saturday

Aahhhh, I am so glad there are other dipsticks out there! Last year, got all dressed up, sandies, coffee, weird feeling,.....checked and it was in Melbourne, not sydney.....wondered why I hadn't heard from the Mob!! I put it down to enthusiasm. With you, Kids and Enthusiasm.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I'm about to drive out to the airport...hope I have the right day.

Mind you I tell my girls this trip is really to see them in Perth WA...yea right!!!!!!!!!!! ..and I just happen to get to see the Swans on the way...Do you think they will swallow that one?
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I'm about to drive out to the airport...hope I have the right day.

Mind you I tell my girls this trip is really to see them in Perth WA...yea right!!!!!!!!!!! ..and I just happen to get to see the Swans on the way...Do you think they will swallow that one?
    Why not? And anyway it's time they understood what the priorities are!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Only 6 in Melbourne, and of those I only have my two kids for 4 of them as they're mum has her access weekends fortnightly.
    Then we have all the otehr events to work around, so they were a bit let down when we hopped back in teh car to come home
    We'll make the same journey tomorrow
    They all have a stupid story to tell their school friends on Monday
    Good one CTS, that's a classic.
    Please don't make the mistake of turning up an hour late tomorrow - its a 1.10pm start.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Obviously when you split she certainly took her 50%. 50% of your brain by the sounds of it. At least you have 50% left.

I retained 100% of my brain but life in a wheely bin can be very interesting.

I'll be listening for you to lead the cheering tomorrow.

PS - Coming down for the Melbourne game and am extremely teed off the Sheherazde Restaurant (formerly of Ackland Street) has gone out of business. Major Bugger!!!!!!
    Last edited by goswannie14; 29th May 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

On the Rookie List
    am extremely teed off the Sheherazde Restaurant (formerly of Ackland Street) has gone out of business. Major Bugger!!!!!!
    Yes, bugger! I remember having a breakfast there a couple of years ago the day after a Swans/Collingwood game. Always had it pencilled in for a return visit. It's got a long history, amazing that it's gone just like that.
    Last edited by goswannie14; 29th May 2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    [ am extremely teed off the Sheherazde Restaurant (formerly of Ackland Street) has gone out of business. Major Bugger!!!!!!
    Yes, bugger! I remember having a breakfast there a couple of years ago the day after a Swans/Collingwood game. Always had it pencilled in for a return visit. It's got a long history, amazing that it's gone just like that.[/QUOTE]

The landlords wouldn't renew their lease so they moved to North Coburg I think (in 2009) and the patrons didn't follow and they went out of business this year. Major mistake for them leaving the Ackland St precinct.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

that is a pissa
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast