Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 9 Fixtures, Tips & Pre-Match Discussion

Senior Player
    Norris I was at Rosedale last night and it was torrential for at least an hour there between 6 and 9, I then drove home along the M7 and other than some respite around Eastern Creek it was the worst conditons Ive driven in for a while - aqua planing at 100k is fun - glad for ESP - It was pretty heavy when I got home and from what my wife told me had been for a while so Id imagine both Blacktown and Bruce Purser got a fair soaking as well.

Almost Football Legend
    The North Shore website is advising that Ern Holmes is closed.
    Pennant Hills v North Shore Premier Division will be on Sunday at 1pm at Henson Park. First Division and Under 18s have been postponed.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Pennant Hills vNorth Shore[/B] (Blacktown Olympic Park, Sat 2:10pm)
    St George v Balmain Dockers (Olds Park, Sat 2:10pm)
    Campbelltown v Sydney University (Monarch Oval, Sat 2:10pm)
    UNSW-ES v Western Suburbs (Village Green, Sat 2:30pm)
    Wollongong v East Coast Eagles (North Dalton Oval, Sat 6:10pm

norths
    st george
    syd uni
    wests
    east coast

I know we're all singing from the same hymn sheet, and it was always going to happen this weekend. But christ all I can do is laugh at %90 of ground closers.
    Yes it's the councils and not the clubs, but as a society, a group of grown men who pride themselves on being tough and 'hard at the footy' can't play tomorrow because it's raining.
    What a joke. No more than the under 18's problem, this no footy in the rain is a Sydney thing. Embarrassing.

Senior Player
    norths
    st george
    syd uni
    wests
    east coast

Penno
    Balmain
    Ctown
    Wests
    Eagles

North Shore
    St George
    Sydney Uni
    Western Suburbs
    East Coast
    10100111001 ;-)

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Yes, the disgrace that is Sydney councils has struck again. @@@@ing soft @@@@ pussies - grow a @@@@ing set of nads and let people play a winter sport in the rain for @@@@'s sake!

Guys, there's a lot more changes than what has been mentioned here - most matches have been cancelled for tomorrow.
    See this:
    Sydney AFL - SportingPulse
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Pennant Hills v North Shore
    St George v Balmain Dockers
    Campbelltown v Sydney University if the Loves are playing. Sydney Uni if they don't.
    UNSW-ES v Western Suburbs
    Wollongong v East Coast Eagles

And owing to the venue changes - forget the Love clause.
    I make two changes to my tips.

Pennant Hills v North Shore
    St George v Balmain Dockers
    Campbelltown v Sydney University
    UNSW-ES v Western Suburbs
    Wollongong v East Coast Eagles
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Senior Player
    BMR you know my thoughts on Rosedale I always want to get a game but after last week we turned the centre into a mud bath (wicket only) whilst the rest of the ground was perfect. The council closed first thing this morning and I was there last night when it was torrential - half 3/4 of our ground would have been perfect but with the conditions I can tell you I wouldnt have played there if we had the option for the only reason that we would have been liable for damages and that would send us broke. My brother in law lives 500m from Greygums where the game was scheduled and from what he said it would have been under water - literally. I agree time have changed frmo when I was a kid and it was unheard of but this weather is somewhat unusual so given that at least PD will go ahead so thats something. I also know that had Penrith thought they could stage a game they would have - I was telling my blokes it was off at 2pm which is a pain in the arse.

Something else to consider is insurance - I broke a vertebrae at Greygums in 98 on a sprinkler head in muddy conditions - Id play in any conditions but what if that happened in PD - what protection would a player have if injured and an insurance company renegged becuase a club allowed games to go ahead.

Times have changed and there unfortunately is nothing we can do.

Lets hope it doesnt have a big impact on our season overall.

North Shore
    St George
    Sydney Uni
    Western Suburbs
    East Coast

North Shore
    St George
    Sydney Uni
    Wests
    East Coast

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast