Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT CHANGE SWANS v ESSENDON SUNDAY 6 JUNE!

IMPORTANT CHANGE SWANS v ESSENDON SUNDAY 6 JUNE!

Due to the large amount of rain in Sydney over the last two weeks, the Sydney Swans Reserves match, scheduled for this Sunday June 6 has been re-located to Canberra.

Gates at the SCG for the Sydney Swans v Essendon match will now open at 10.45am, one hour later than previously scheduled. There will be no change to the Sydney Swans v Essendon match which will commence at 1.10pm at the SCG this Sunday, June 6.

Please see revised match day details below:

Sydney Swans v Essendon
    Sunday, June 6
    SCG
    Gates: 10.45am
    Match: 1.10pm

Sydney Swans Reserves v Tuggeranong
    Sunday, June 6
    Greenway Oval - Canberra
    Match: 12.00pm

If you have any questions regarding this change contact us on 02 9339 9129.

Cheer cheer

Larissa

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ahh bummer, I thought something like this would happen.

Thanks for the heads up Larissa.

Larissa, on a related matter.

Who do we need to lean on to get an extra 5 minutes between gate opening times and Reserves start time?

I think it's bloody ridiculous that I can arrive before gates open, but from the time the gates open and we are allowed in, I struggle to get to my seat before bouncedown.

Either the gates need to open a lousy 5 minutes earlier (the staff are always there waiting for the OK over the 2-way radio to open) which I imagine is a trust issue, or the start time of the reserves needs to go back 5 minutes, which would be a Swans issue.

And while I'm fired up, let me tell you about something else that pees me off. Have the Swans forgotten that they have a heap of members sitting in the Red Zone, Bradman, Brewongle and the O'Reilly Stands??? It appears that way, because week after week when the time comes to hold up a Villis sign or hold up a Citibank sign, the camera does a cursory scan around the ground and then picks somebody out of the Brewongle concourse ... every time, every week.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I am seriously pissed off with god at the moment......so much so I refuse to give it the capital g.

And I heartily concur BBB - Larissa can we get the gates open 5 minutes earlier? or can we get the ressies game started 5 minutes later? I can't remember the last time I made the bounce down.... ok humour the precious and don't tell me "its only ressies!!" , but honestly.........
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

And while I'm fired up, let me tell you about something else that pees me off. Have the Swans forgotten that they have a heap of members sitting in the Red Zone, Bradman, Brewongle and the O'Reilly Stands??? It appears that way, because week after week when the time comes to hold up a Villis sign or hold up a Citibank sign, the camera does a cursory scan around the ground and then picks somebody out of the Brewongle concourse ... every time, every week.
    Actually there was a winner in the O'Reilly concourse on the Saturday game vs WCE on April 24. He was sitting right near us and of course he was a happy fella to have won a lazy $1,000. Kerching. So they don't always go to people sitting in the Brewongle concourse...

Coulda shifted the main game to sunny Victoria...we don't mind...even the ressies down here would be welcome

Veteran Site Admin
    I think the weather up here is so awful that they should just cancel the main game too. Maybe we can sort the result with rock, paper, scissors between the captains. We have two playing captains to the Bombers' one, so Swans should win so long as Kirk and Goodes come up with a decent strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the weather up here is so awful that they should just cancel the main game too. Maybe we can sort the result with rock, paper, scissors between the captains. We have two playing captains to the Bombers' one, so Swans should win so long as Kirk and Goodes come up with a decent strategy.
    Great call Liz, I'm with you.

BSA5, you do look like a Leonard Cohen type so am not surprised you have coerced your finely tuned GF to go with you so that you can pour over the details afterwards.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Who do we need to lean on to get an extra 5 minutes between gate opening times and Reserves start time?

I think it's bloody ridiculous that I can arrive before gates open, but from the time the gates open and we are allowed in, I struggle to get to my seat before bouncedown.

Either the gates need to open a lousy 5 minutes earlier (the staff are always there waiting for the OK over the 2-way radio to open) which I imagine is a trust issue, or the start time of the reserves needs to go back 5 minutes, which would be a Swans issue.

How very correct on both counts Trips.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Actually there was a winner in the O'Reilly concourse on the Saturday game vs WCE on April 24. He was sitting right near us and of course he was a happy fella to have won a lazy $1,000. Kerching. So they don't always go to people sitting in the Brewongle concourse...
    I must have been in the loo cause I don't remember that. The cameraman must have gotten the stands confused cause EVERY time, EVERY contest goes to Brewongle concourse.
    The Villis one the week we played the Lions was the worst. Someone in the O'reilly stand had a superb sign, really clever, funny and very well done and it didn't even get flashed up on the screen, crapped all over the one in the *surprise, surprise* Brewongle Concourse that won.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Look guys if you sit at ground level like moi then you'd have no trouble seeing the first bounce

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Look guys if you sit at ground level like moi then you'd have no trouble seeing the first bounce
    Not if your in the Noble, we have to run up a whole heap of stairs then run down a whole heap of stairs to get to ground level.

Hey BBB,

We have our debreif on the match this morning, ill bring up the Rssies/Gate open time issue and see how I go.

Someone must have heard you inmatch day ops, yesterday's Villi's winner came from the O'Reilly Stand!

Great win yesterday, although these close ones are doing nothing for my nerves.

Cheer cheer,

Larissa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast