Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help,accom'n for collingwood game june 26

Living in 2005
    Not advertising a particular site, however the below page will give you an idea of what is near Central Station along with a price guide, I agree with everyone that staying at the Southern end of the CBD is the best option if you are spending the weekend in the city, because not only is Central the station that has express services to Olympic Park (Don't go to Homebush Station!!), it also means you can get around the city, walk down to Darling Harbour via China Town, monorail to Star City and catch trains down to Circular Quay where the Opera House/Bridge is, and from there you can get ferries anywhere you want to go including Manly and Taronga Zoo.

http://www.needitnow.com.au/Near_Cen...on_Sydney.html

(also if you want to stay anywhere else, yes, your ticket does get you around public transport to the game, you just may need to change trains at Central etc. Also, some of the Train stations near the Airport are private and require an entry or exit fee, even if you have a free train ticket, 131500 Transport Infoline - Home is a good site for transport planning if a particular area takes your fancy)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'd be running a check on the "last minute" cheapie accommodation online internet bookings (not sure which sites, but there are a number of them, just google, there will be all sorts of offers) which line up with some of the above recommendations. I would also suggest staying near central as you have easy access to railway,to and from airport, and easy rail access to Olympic Park (just follow the crowd) and back again in a mob of swans with more flexible and reliable return trip to the airport rather than attempting to stay at the Park. Its just tooooo remote for comfort for an overnight interstate visit when flying back next day. Ibis is ok, have stayed there. And your ticket to game provides free train trip to and from game.
    But not from the airport though. You have to pay for the airport train to Central at least. Or if you have time, do what I do & catch the 400 bus to Rockdale & then the train to the city Homebush or wherever you want to go.

By the way, I stayed in the Sydney Central YHA last weekend (as my old house in Newtown wasn't available) & found it excellent in terms of facilities & location. If you don't mind the family staying in (surprisingly comfy) bunk beds, it is a great place to stay with a nice atmosphere & cheap good food in the cafe downstairs as well as the Asian place across the road near the Coach Terminal.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Regular in the Side
    thanks to every one for their advice. Another question
    as our vic m/ship gets accesss as general admission can any one tell us where the seats are likely to be? and can we use our m/ship tickets for the train.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    as our vic m/ship gets accesss as general admission can any one tell us where the seats are likely to be? and can we use our m/ship tickets for the train.
    Check out Ticketek, but I know a Vic Member friend sat in the Red Zone last year, which is next to the Cheer Squad on the Acer Arena side of the ground.

Yeah you can use your membership, basically anyone wearing Red and White gets let into Central without too much checking anyway.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Good accomodation at THE LORD NELSON HOTEL in THE ROCKS, close to ROCKS MARKET, walk around Vivid Festival, Light Show etc

hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    AFL Membership does, with club support
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12