Thread: Mid-Season Report Card

Blog Entries

Mid-Season Report Card

Sydney Swans
    Currently: Seventh (6-5)

What's gone right: Sat atop the ladder after six rounds thanks to strong starts from ring-ins Daniel Bradshaw, Mark Seaby, Ben McGlynn, Shane Mumford, Tadgh Kennelly and Josh Kennedy. Then, when it all fell apart, kept themselves in the eight with a typical Swans win over Essendon.

Round 22 prediction: Seventh
    AFL mid-season report card - AFL Premiership - Fox Sports
    Last edited by ScottH; 9th June 2010 at 01:48 PM.

pretty fair summary there id say
    Theres not much left to say

That same summary has Hawthorn to finsih fifth ? Dont know about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    That same summary has Hawthorn to finsih fifth ? Dont know about that.
    It also had them winning the 2009 flag!!

At the risk of sounding foolishly optimistic, I'm quietly confident we can make it to fifth or sixth. Mainly because outside the top four, you have Carlton and The doggies, who are both capable of playing extremely poorly on their day. Mind you so are the swans, but just based on the positive signs of the past two weeks, and with improvement still to come from out of form key players, and the return of injured stars, I think our worst football of the season is well and truly behind us. How Hawthorn could possibly make it into fifth is beyond me

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    It makes me laugh to see the experts try to tell us what's going to happen every year. The fact is there are too many variables to make any informed judgement. Sure you can take the form so far and apply it to the remaining games, but how many people do you know are going to get consecutive perfect rounds from now until the end of the year?

What happens if say, Big Bad Barry unleashes next round and is suspended/dropped for the remainder of the year? It's alarming how reliant the Dogs have become in such a short time. What happens to Carlton if Judd gets injured? Maybe Saints or Geelong get caught over the cap and lose all their points? Most people would have had Adelaide in the top eight at the start of the season, as well as Freo in the bottom eight.

The experts have no more idea than most of us when it comes to this sort of stuff. I know they will continue to try (god knows I love to see people like Walls and Quarterbrain get it so wrong that it makes them look even more incompetent)

By all means read the report card, but don't try and tell me what the future holds!

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post

What happens if say, Big Bad Barry unleashes next round and is suspended/dropped for the remainder of the year?
    On Staker again ?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    On Staker again ?
    Hahaha. I didn't realise they were up against the Lions, but yeah why not!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    ...What happens if say, Big Bad Barry unleashes next round and is suspended/dropped for the remainder of the year? It's alarming how reliant the Dogs have become in such a short time...
    They will probably become a potent goal scoring machine again as they will stop looking to Hall all the time. They will spread the scoring load and become the highest scoring team in the second half of the season. Let's hope Baz stays in control?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

We are really missing an opportunity to blood a few more youngsters we will probably make the eight in 7th or 8th position but get bundled out early in the finals.
    All those mature aged players who played in the 2005 grand final have slowed down considerably from then and we don't look like getting enough young ones in the team to replace them, I guess our premiership window is at least 2012 now till we could really challenge for a flag