Thread: World Cup preview, swans compared to Switzerland

World Cup preview, swans compared to Switzerland

Cool article, comparing world cup teams to certain AFL teams - World Cup preview for AFL Fans. Group H

Key player: Captain Alexander Frei takes a no nonsense approach to leading his country. There are more flamboyant strikers in the tournament, but like Brett Kirk there are few more respected.
    Or Swans and Nigeria in Group B - http://www.thebigtip.com.au/football...l-fans-group-b

Key player: there is a few but Mikel John Obi is silky smooth in the midfield like Ryan O'Keefe.
    OR Swans and Algeria in Group C - http://www.thebigtip.com.au/football...-fans-group-c-

Last edited by torpedo punt; 10th June 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Living in 2005
    Swiss soccer is as boring and neutral as the country itself! I work for a Swiss company and travel there a bit and I'd like to think we are slightly more exciting than the Swiss. Colours are spot on though haha.

I'd go with USA personally. Good team, works hard, developing market and the majority of the country wont take much notice until they are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Swiss soccer is as boring and neutral as the country itself! I work for a Swiss company and travel there a bit and I'd like to think we are slightly more exciting than the Swiss. Colours are spot on though haha.

I'd go with USA personally. Good team, works hard, developing market and the majority of the country wont take much notice until they are successful.
    I just added the other ones mate - usa is compared to Freo actually -
    Key player: Landon Donovan is the heart and soul of this side. If he can't spark them and score goals then they probably wont fire as a side. He's to the United States what Matthew Pavlich is to the Dockers.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Two problems with that comparison

1. Mikel is out of the World Cup
    2. I wouldn't classify ROK as silky smooth. For that matter, neither is Mikel.

The best one I've heard is comparing North to the Palestinians? - looking for a home land but will never have one.

Rather unfortunate for the Palestinians but North have had their chances - Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast - now Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by lbyron View Post
    The best one I've heard is comparing North to the Palestinians? - looking for a home land but will never have one.

Rather unfortunate for the Palestinians but North have had their chances - Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast - now Ballarat
    The Suisse team did well to upset the Spaniards.

The jumping rats from Ballarat, now that's an AFL team name!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunger View Post
    The Suisse team did well to upset the Spaniards...
    Good signs for the Pies match?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017